FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 am

gottspieler
Post  Post subject: Cosmos Reboot!!  |  Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Produced by Seth McFarlane and hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson (hope I spelled it right).

Seth McFarlane to produce "Cosmos" sequel for Fox - Yahoo! News

I'm glad. We need people to be exposed to science at this point in time.

Fox announced Friday that MacFarlane has teamed up with Sagan's closest collaborators -- his widow, Anne Druyan, and astrophysicist Steven Soter -- to produce "Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey," a 13-part sequel to the Emmy-winning 1980 PBS docu-series -- pretty much billions and billions of light years away from what you might expect the guy who conceived of little Stewie to tackle next.

"Never more than at this moment in the modern era have we needed a profound reminder of the colossally important and exciting role that science, space exploration and the human quest for knowledge must continue to play in our development as a species," MacFarlane said in a statement. "We should be vigorously exploring the solar system by now, and who better to inspire us to get there than Ann Druyan, Steven Soter, Neil deGrasse Tyson and, of course, Carl Sagan."
Added Fox president of entertainment Kevin Reilly, ""This is a golden opportunity to introduce 'Cosmos' to a new generation.

Also, there are rumors that it will air on primetime on Fox so that many people will be exposed to it. I don't particularly like Family Guy but I've gained respect for McFarlane.

By exploiting parasites.
Shall you kneel in submission
From your cradles to your graves?
ls the height of your ambition
To be good and willing slaves?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Cosmos Reboot!!  |  Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm excited to see what they do with this. It could be super cool. I also love that they got Neil deGrasse Tyson given his great work on the PBS programs Nova and Nova Science Now.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

mississippichem
Post  Post subject: Re: Cosmos Reboot!!  |  Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:05 pm

iNow wrote:
I'm excited to see what they do with this. It could be super cool. I also love that they got Neil deGrasse Tyson given his great work on the PBS programs Nova and Nova Science Now.

I think he is one of the better communicators of physics and astronomy to the general public. I like how he doesn't water stuff down in the name of simplicity like many do when the TV cameras turn on. He always chooses his words carefully and admits the limits of his analogies.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: Cosmos Reboot!!  |  Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:29 am

It will be well worth watching but unfortunately it will not be aired until 2013 and that will be in America, so it could be a while before it reaches the UK. :(