FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 pm

This seems like an appropriate place to post about the science of mimetics. May I please post here?

---Futilitist :ugeek:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Yes, please do. I look forward to the topic. I just ask that you please consider all of the recent exchanges and feedback you've received and try to adjust your approach accordingly.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Awesome. Thanks.

My name is Futilitist. I have recently conducted some online experiments on Groupthink, mimetic desire, and the scapegoat mechanism. Also evident are deflection mechanisms, bullying, and censorship.

One of the most revealing of those experiments took place right here on this very forum. It begins with this thread:
topic773.html
and then this thread simultaneously:
topic781.html
And finally the experiment ends with this thread:
topic807.html

I know it is a lot to read, but I don't see anything better on this site. This site needs new members and I am one. Let's discuss the experiment here. Thank you.

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:13 pm

I would like to begin this discussion with the bunbury ad hominem... :lol:

KALSTER
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:33 pm
Original Member
Original Member

and with that, I bid you all adieu. I have had quite enough of this guy.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 pm
Original Member
Original Member

KALSTER wrote:
and with that, I bid you all adieu. I have had quite enough of this guy.

Would like you to stay around, Kalster.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: GROUP THINK IN INTERNET FORUMS an EXPERIMENT part 2  |  Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Futilitist wrote:
I would like to begin this discussion with the bunbury ad hominem...

I thought you wanted an opportunity to be serious. I see that this may not be possible. Thread closed. Do not reintroduce it.