FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:24 am

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Quote:
It is known to nearly every school child.

And here on The Science Forum you act like a school child. So does everyone else.

---Futilitist :ugeek:

Ophiolite
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:41 am
Original Member
Original Member

Please identify what in my preceding post was childish. You asked for clarification of a concise answer Ihad given. I gave that clarification. The point I made is, I believe, a valid one, for which there is a mountain of evidence. So, again, what was childish about trying to engage you in the discussion you claim to want to have?

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 am

Ophiolite wrote:
Please identify what in my preceding post was childish. You asked for clarification of a concise answer Ihad given. I gave that clarification. The point I made is, I believe, a valid one, for which there is a mountain of evidence. So, again, what was childish about trying to engage you in the discussion you claim to want to have?

And I sincerely appreciated your clarification. I just don't appreciate the weird conflation you are attempting to construct here, in this post. Of course, I did not mean that your recent post was childish. I'm pretty sure you know that, too. But just to be crystal clear, I think all of your previous posts were childish. ;)

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:12 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I encourage readers to ignore the baiting tactics of Futilitist.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:43 am

Utility in Futility = Futilitism

Futilitist
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am

marnixR wrote:
from the other thread in cognitive science :

Futilitist wrote:
I have begun a discussion on the science of Futilitism (yes, Futilitism is a science as well as a philosophy!) in the ...

which set me on a train of thought that appeared off-topic from the main discussion, that's why i started a thread on the topic of "what exactly IS futilitism ?"

because i haven't been able to find any reference to it on the internet (apart from sites where Futilitist is active), nor have i ever encountered the term elsewhere in life

so, i repeat my question : what is futilitism, and how is it a philosophy as well as a science ? (let's try to keep this discussion separate from the one in cognitive science by staying with the subject of what futilitism represents)

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:54 am

Futilitist wrote:

please elaborate

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Quote:
what exactly IS futilitism ?

No point in answering this question or any others. In fact, what I say in this post will not do anything to change the status quo. Rebuttal is to no effect. Personally it's not worth my time to write this and you, dear reader, are not going to enrich yourself by reading it. However the least I can do is say thanks for nothing, for all that's worth.

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: what exactly IS futilitism ?  |  Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 am
Original Member
Original Member

MODNOTE: Some comments from Futilitist have been trashed.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan