FAQ
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:21 pm

iNow
Post  Post subject: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Well, it was yesterday... But it's now officially been one year since Skinwalker launched this site. I'd like to personally thank all of our members who helped get the site off the ground, and who are here today participating in the conversation. This is a solid group, and I'm excited to continue growing it.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

tridimity
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 am

Thank you to the Mods for creating and sustaining this Science home, and to fellow members for enlightening discussions. I look forward to another year!

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 am
Original Member
Original Member

A year... Wow!
I suppose everyone knows that Galileo used his own pulse as a timing device in his inclined plane experiments?
Well, just having a moment of temporal reverie.
A year, good. To me, there is a real sense of community here at TSF.

jimmydasaint
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Posts are answered promptly and politely. This is a gentle company of like-minded individuals who love their science and are open minded enough to discuss all facets of the subject. It's comparable to having a group of mates with shoes off, relaxing in the living room and having an intelligent discussion.

If you can listen to the wind, in its stillness, you can just about hear the gentle laughter learnt of friends after all thoughts have been given up to the aether as a small pulse in the eternal mind (with hearty apologies to Rupert Brooke and Little Feat)

http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ww1lit/education/tutorials/intro/brooke/vsoldier.html

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/little_feat/voices_on_the_wind.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NG&feature=plcp&hl=en-GB&v=GkIFIN-RQcc

Happy birthday TSF.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:50 pm
Original Member
Original Member

We turned 5 last week. Gettin' all grow'd up. :cry:

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Thanks to iNow and marnix for being two of my best friends.

For making me feel better when the rest of the world is, the rest of the world.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:38 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Crazy that it's been 5 years! So many users that have gone inactive that I miss from back then. But hey other awesome users have come along since then as well.

SkinWalker
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:44 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Yeah, five years. Seems like it was just yesterday that Beavis and Butthead took over the dot com site and pissed everyone off :)

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:19 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Yeah it definitely doesn't feel like five years have went by.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 am

Guess I'm late for the party.

Happy birthday TSF! :)

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Happy Birthday, TSF!  |  Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:59 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Is it normal for five years to feel like a lifetime ago?
Not lengthwise, but circumstantialy.