FAQ
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:10 am

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Outcasts  |  Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 am
Original Member
Original Member

An import from Britain, apparently, and available on Netflix. Started out promisingly and rapidly deteriorated into bad acting and worse scriptwriting. The worst thing is they stole my idea for the novel I was going to write in retirement. Now I'll just have to do it over and make it into decent literature. The one interesting item is the evangelical planted among the secular colonists and gaining power over them. They cast him as an American of course.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Outcasts  |  Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 am

great ! once you've written the book of the TV series, can i have a copy ? (for proof-reading purposes only, of course)

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: Outcasts  |  Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 pm
Original Member
Original Member

It got worse, with a vague "force" that was apparently the non-physical leftovers of a former population of hominids doing nasty things to the people because it resented them. Then the evangelical lot arrived in a spaceship and send down a lander to support the revolution and that's where it ended. My version was going to be much better and there would be no spiritual nonsense in it.