FAQ
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 5:01 pm

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:39 pm

I hope you're not serious about staying away -I thoroughly appreciate your presence here

Harold
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Rory wrote:
I might use mimesis.

Is that another name for sockpuppet?

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:39 pm

I was only joking about the mimesis. But if it becomes overwhelming I will genuinely withdraw from the Forum for a while.

Harold
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Just kidding.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:21 pm

didn't last long, did it ? looks like we're back to BAU

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:26 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Until the next crash, perhaps. Seems so.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:09 am

Personally I don't mind. I don't like sharing ;)

Daecon
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:15 am

I'm still a little confused about what happened.

Did the hacker take over .com and fix everything, or was the "hacker" actually admin all along?

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:29 am
Original Member
Original Member

Admin appears to be in absentia, so I suspect the hacker fixed it. One of the locals here, scoobydoo, has posted some thoughts on the matter around here somewhere. Scoobydoo does seem to know about these things. It seems the hacker was trying a common formula hack and accidentally screwed the forum up. I suspect he came back and fixed it out of shame.

As far as some new members, I suspect a couple will hang around a bit.

Macgyver1968
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:50 pm

You would think if it was admin that repaired it, he would have changed his username back to "admin"...instead of leaving it as the hacker's name. But a hacker fixing a forum he borked seems unlikely too. I'm perplexed.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:47 pm
Original Member
Original Member

It seems likely the admin account is a group account for the "company" that owns tsf.com and they rarely if at all pay attention to what is happening. Its quite possible they haven't even noticed.

astromark2014
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:57 am

Location: On a hill near a park. The Whanganui National Park, New Zealand.

:( It looks to me as if the forums are all in a little trouble.. If the numbers I see are correct, I am the only one here. ( is that right )
0 members, 0 guests.. I do not believe that. ( or do not want to )
The Sister site must be doomed to fail as the join function seems stuffed.. is stuffed. The .com forum does still have more people on line and more guests..
Yet there is very little contributions being made.. So I ask the obvious. Where is everyone ? :?

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:44 pm

astromark2014 wrote:
So I ask the obvious. Where is everyone ? :?

Travelling abroad at the moment - Bosnia to be specific.

There are fewer lurkers here compared to the .com site, this much is true. Since I do not have a constant WiFi connection, TSF does not reflect my logon status once I lock my smartphone's touch screen. I'm usually not too bothered by the member & guest count since I am aware that not many people keep the forum page on a constantly opened browser tab even while their desktop computer is switched on.

Lynx_Fox
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:48 pm

astromark2014 wrote:
:( It looks to me as if the forums are all in a little trouble.. If the numbers I see are correct, I am the only one here. ( is that right )
0 members, 0 guests.. I do not believe that. ( or do not want to )
The Sister site must be doomed to fail as the join function seems stuffed.. is stuffed. The .com forum does still have more people on line and more guests..
Yet there is very little contributions being made.. So I ask the obvious. Where is everyone ? :?

This site automatically logs folks off, seemingly in fairly short time (don't know what it really is). Between that and no chat box, it gives the impression there's few folks actually online or watching. Unfortunately, the low post counts reinforce that notion.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Where is everyone today?

I hope you wake up tomorrow and post something :)

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:42 am

sorry, but as long as the weather is summer-ish and the days long-ish, I'm off making the most of it, and often not online for long stretches on end

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:46 pm

Summer-ish! It's painfully warm today. Bloody global warming ;)

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:54 pm
Original Member
Original Member

It frosted here the other morning...

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:51 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Falconer360 wrote:
It frosted here the other morning...

Frost on the shale...

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:29 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Forget beer, get Paleo some nice frosty shale. :lol:

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:21 pm

I have been inactive for a few years. I now have more time on my hands, and will endeavour to post stuff that will cause endless debate.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:44 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Falconer360 wrote:
Forget beer, get Paleo some nice frosty shale. :lol:

http://www.mindat.org/photo-206051.html

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:50 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Oh so you have all the frosty shale you need already? ;)

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:09 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Haha, maybe just a little frosty shale

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Somebody say something outrageous :)

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:30 pm

is it outrageous to call a woman a dick ?

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Probably about as outrageous as calling a man a tosser

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:35 pm

not very then :roll:

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: more posts and posters please  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Shoe for you marnix