FAQ
It is currently Sun May 29, 2016 10:51 pm

iNow
Post  Post subject: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Some really great shots from this year. The times, they are a changin', as shown by some of the choice pepper spray images I've shared here.

Check out the link for a more complete review of some of the major events of 2011.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-most ... os-of-2011

What other images stand out to you as quintessential 2011?

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:42 pm

the main story of the year to me is the ongoing financial crisis in the eurozone, but since that doesn't make for good pictures, here's a few with possible relevance for the future :

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Not to be chronologically pedantic, or anything, but if that first photo is the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico from BP, then that was 2010...

And we may not easily show the crisis in the eurozone, but there's always this:

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 am

iNow wrote:
Not to be chronologically pedantic, or anything, but if that first photo is the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico from BP, then that was 2010...

oops, my mistake

i wish i could have made a pun by stating that the repercussions SPILT over into 2011, but even that doesn't apply :oops:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 pm

marnixR wrote:
i wish i could have made a pun by stating that the repercussions SPILT over into 2011, but even that doesn't apply

You sir, are a very clever man, all the same. I love it!

Arab Spring comes to mind for 2011, too:

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:41 pm

which brings the following to mind, with the subtitle "civilisation runs skin deep"

(for those who don't recognise it, that's London 2011, not Los Angeles 1992)

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 am

Oh yeah. Nearly forgot about that.

And hurricane Irene (which I think you touched on above):

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~

bunbury
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:05 am
Original Member
Original Member

A picture of a headline. The real reason they hate him:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:59 am

Ooohhh... Ouch! 8-)

I liked an Onion headline I saw the other day:

"Rumors Of Extramarital Affair End Campaign Of Presidential Candidate Who Didn't Know China Has Nuclear Weapons"

The sad part is that it's funny because it's not even satire, but is simply true.

Then, there's always:

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 2011 Year in Pictures  |  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:28 am

Can't forget there is still a war in Afghanistan.

Or that we surpassed 7 billion humans on the planet for the first time since... well... since time began.

~~~ Pale Blue Dot ~~~