FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Original Member
Original Member

PhDemon wrote:
It is this type of fuckwittery that makes me despair. How can you educate the voting population if they would rather follow their own ignorance than look at the evidence that is staring them in the face!

PS I won't be frequenting that pub again!

Show them calculations that indicate alcoholic beverages will be the first to disappear.

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:25 am

Ya know ....this is probably TMI

BUT

I have white coat syndrome in the worst way and a fear of anything medical and especially since the car wreck in 2000.

And Wednesday I have the "C".....the fun thing ya get to do after you are 50 and I am over 50 by a bit *L*....had one 10 years ago.

I keep having these horrible anxiety attacks....and I am I over the top claustrophobic....combine the two and say the word doctor and hospital....

I am a freaking basket case...

thanks for letting me vent

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:13 pm
Original Member
Original Member

babe wrote:
I have white coat syndrome in the worst way and a fear of anything medical and especially since the car wreck in 2000.

And Wednesday I have the "C".....the fun thing ya get to do after you are 50 and I am over 50 by a bit *L*....had one 10 years ago.

I keep having these horrible anxiety attacks....and I am I over the top claustrophobic....combine the two and say the word doctor and hospital....

I am a freaking basket case...

Babe....excuse my ignorance but am I correct in saying you're having a CAT Scan? The word claustrophobic being a possible clue.

I thought for women over 50 the C stood for cosmetic.....either facelift, tummy tuck, boob job and maybe all at the same time. ;) Good luck

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:24 am

A colonoscopy CHUCKLE

I wish it were a face lift! Or a tummy tuck!

I am in a state of total anxiety.

I cannot describe that to others unless they suffer from it which I did not until my car wreck

My beloved Spousy is so trying to keep me calm. He admits, however, he can't understand what he does not experience. He has seen me experience it though, so he knows it isn't funny.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:25 am

and thank you Zinny for caring HUGS!

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:10 am

they found one polyp...in pathology

I know that made ALL OF YOUR DAYS!! *L*

OldChemE
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:37 am

Glad you survived the colonoscopy. I never look forward to mine. Somewhere I once read a humor book where the author described a colonoscopy as being like a little tiny man driving a little semi-truck up your colon looking for things-- which isn't so bad until the end when he tried to turn the truck around to leave...

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:42 am

OldChemE wrote:
Glad you survived the colonoscopy. I never look forward to mine. Somewhere I once read a humor book where the author described a colonoscopy as being like a little tiny man driving a little semi-truck up your colon looking for things-- which isn't so bad until the end when he tried to turn the truck around to leave...

HOWLING!!!!!!!!!

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:10 pm

I hate it when my iPad makes me look stupid when it changes the correct use of "its" into "it's" without me noticing until after I've hit the submit button

it's even worse when I'm writing an email in Dutch and it tries to find English equivalents of Dutch words - it's driving me bonkers, you stupid little know-it-all !!!

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:40 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I feel ya on that one. Tired of is becocoming us or and becoming AMD or this becoming thus.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:59 am

I miss all of you thus

I this room I shall have to trust!

Sorry....just had to post

Pong
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Market greens bunched with a wire twist-tie. Untwist like a jar lid or a screw, counter-clockwise presumably... nope.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:19 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Kitchens get expensive in a hurry! Holy crap...

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 am

singing

When you wish upon a star...makes no difference who you are.....when you wish upon a star...your dreams ...come....true

never give up on your dreams

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:05 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Ai yi yi! Up early this morning to book our boarding passes for trip to BC tomorrow. I get to the last page online and it asks me to what email address I want the passes sent. So this time I figured I'd enter the electronic age and send them to my cell phone gmail account. No problem right? Wrong. I type in my gmail address for my pass and try to do the same for my wife's. Won't let me, they want a different address for my wife. So I thought OK, send it to my home address and I'll forward it to my phone. Nowhere did it say I couldn't do this. So mine arrives on my cell and my wife's comes to home address. My wife has her own gmail acct but she was sleeping and I couldn't remember her gmail address. So later when she 's awake I try to forward her boarding pass to her cell. For some reason it wouldn't display the pass. After several attempts I said 'F**K this' and forwarded her pass to my cell phone like I originally planned and it worked. I now have both of our passes on a cell phone that the airline wouldn't let me have them both sent to. I can't bring my home computer to the check in desk. I hope like hell it's ok tomorrow to have hers and mine on the same phone.

I don't know how I would have done this if we only had one email address to send the passes to, they would not accept same email for both people when I initially tried it. From now on I'll stick to print ticket.

Edit: Just got off the phone with airline. The girl at the other end said that because these phone calls are recorded someone will hear what happened to me and need to fix it. Basically what i'm saying is that if you have more than one person checking in but only one email address then you should print the pass. Trouble is, they don't tell you that or that each of us should have their own pass. She told me that even though I eventually managed to get both of our passes on the cell phone that I may have had trouble getting us both on the plane. Anyway we resolved my problem by going back into check-in online and reissuing the passes so I could print them. The electronic world will have to wait a little longer.

Lynx_Fox
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Listening to "local" news today. I live about a two-hour drive from Seattle--but still, if you followed the news, you'd get the impression that Seattle is the only important place in the entire state of Washington. Today's news story is about the city preparing for driverless cars over the next ten years. It's the sort of stuff of that makes my blood boil. Half my county doesn't even have paved roads nor power along the gravel/dirt roads and hardly a week goes by when there isn't a serous accident from a car losing control and going over an embankment. And folks wonder they rural folks are ready to bring the whole system down--they figure they are being ignored and have nothing to lose.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:55 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Perhaps if humans are subtracted from the process and automated cars (with software capable enough to follow those unpaved roads) used instead, maybe the rate and severity of accidents would drastically decrease?

https://www.sciencealert.com/driverless ... ays-report

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I hate hay... I especially hate having to go load and then unload two tons of hay after I get off work on a day where the temperature is about 100F. Tonight is going to suck.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:04 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Falconer360 wrote:
I hate hay... I especially hate having to go load and then unload two tons of hay after I get off work on a day where the temperature is about 100F. Tonight is going to suck.

At youre moms property?

I always hated dealing with hay when I stayed on Herron creek. XD

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:41 am

iNow wrote:
Perhaps if humans are subtracted from the process and automated cars (with software capable enough to follow those unpaved roads) used instead, maybe the rate and severity of accidents would drastically decrease?

https://www.sciencealert.com/driverless ... ays-report

I predict that at some point in the future, when automated driverless car have become the norm, human drivers will be penalised by insurance companies for being more prone to causing accidents

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:39 pm
Original Member
Original Member

paleoichneum wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:

At youre moms property?

the hay is for her horses, but she's buying it from the Betscharts out on Rose Valley. Last night was a very itchy, sweaty and unpleasant time. The bales are luckily only about 70lbs a piece.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:22 am
Original Member
Original Member

Falconer360 wrote:
paleoichneum wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:

At youre moms property?

the hay is for her horses, but she's buying it from the Betscharts out on Rose Valley. Last night was a very itchy, sweaty and unpleasant time. The bales are luckily only about 70lbs a piece.

Its all about the cardio! haha

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 am

I love it.....getting ready to fly back to California and need to print out boarding passes.

Internet crashes.

Call provider, they can't fix it. They sent someone to find the issue out TODAY!

I got back to CALI TODAY!!

GRRRR

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:43 am

Favourite Tesco sandwich has increased in price 6.7% overnight.

May as well apply VAT to all food items, already priced as if food is a luxury item.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 am

Honey, as my beloved Spousy told me tonight......"You are NEVER REMOTELY BORING!"

I don't know if that is a compliment or not *L*

LilSaber
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:52 am

Things have been going bad for me lately, though I did pass all of my classes, I didn't excel. I'm just not sure what to do. I received a lot of harsh words from my professors and classmates. And there was nowhere to rant. I felt very alone.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:57 am

try to do better next sememster....and make it your goal....don't wallow

LilSaber
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm not in school right now. I dropped out.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:36 am

:(

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I'm not in school right now, either. I graduated out.

LilSaber
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:01 pm

iNow wrote:
I'm not in school right now, either. I graduated out.

That's good but it's not for me.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:00 am
Original Member
Original Member

I wasn't talking about or even to you. It was MY rant. :lol:

LilSaber
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:46 am

Okay. I can't find a way to close or disable my profile.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:51 am

this forum is like the 3 laws of thermodynamics

(1) you can't win
(2) you can't break even
(3) you can't get out of the game

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

( just kidding, we like your presence here)

LilSaber
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Really? Why is that?

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 pm
Original Member
Original Member

LilSaber wrote:
Really? Why is that?

You offer a perspective different from our own. We like socializing with different people from various parts of the world.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:12 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Reach the conclusion that I'm broken and will always seem to miss out on the right guy when the right guy is here

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:58 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Kinda annoyed that Hannah40 rage quit so quickly hahah

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: rant corner  |  Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm
Original Member
Original Member

The hotter the flame the shorter the burn