FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Halliday
Post  Post subject: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm

I've had problems with my computer, over a couple on months, and have joined this site only recently.
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum, for this post, and I suppose my question has been asked already?
I assume the science forum.com site has finally been laid to rest?
I'm just curious as the .com site clearly had a lot more action, and, for me, was more interesting than the science forum .org site!

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Halliday wrote:
I've had problems with my computer, over a couple on months, and have joined this site only recently.
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum, for this post, and I suppose my question has been asked already?
I'm just curious as the .com site clearly had a lot more action, and, for me, was more interesting than the science forum .org site!

No , the other site has been trucking along for a couple of months now and is picking up new and returning members steadily.
The owner can still not be relied upon if anything goes wrong and the plug could be pulled at any time.

The Duck is in charge of moderation for the most part and Markus Hanke is also around (the second admin) for physics questions (Janus too).
Even thephysicsforum.com is spluttering back into life.

topic1899.html

Halliday
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:27 pm

geordief wrote:
Halliday wrote:

No , the other site has been trucking along for a couple of months now and is picking up new and returning members steadily.
The owner can still not be relied upon if anything goes wrong and the plug could be pulled at any time.

The Duck is in charge of moderation for the most part and Markus Hanke is also around (the second admin) for physics questions (Janus too).
Even thephysicsforum.com is spluttering back into life.

topic1899.html

Thanks for the reply.
So what do I type into Google to reach the other site?

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Just go to www.thescienceforum.com

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm

for what it's worth, the activity levels there are only marginally better than this site, which isn't saying very much

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:28 am
Original Member
Original Member

Low hurdle to jump? Like being the tallest person at a midget convention...

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Halliday
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am

marnixR wrote:
for what it's worth, the activity levels there are only marginally better than this site, which isn't saying very much

So where is everyone?
Have some joined another forum?
I would like to see the .org and .com fora unite, as one, altho' this may not be possible technically.
Of course such an action, even if attainable, would probably be unpopular with many members.

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Halliday wrote:
marnixR wrote:

So where is everyone?
Have some joined another forum?
I would like to see the .org and .com fora unite, as one, altho' this may not be possible technically.
Of course such an action, even if attainable, would probably be unpopular with many members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY8H7zjdtc

"let's get together and feel alright"

More is better.Diversity rules :)

(any excuse to post a Bob Marley video :D )

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Halliday wrote:

We were the dot com site and created the dot org the first time it blew up. It's blown up repeatedly and progressively worse since then. We've been stable yet quiet. The software is different, but core function and structure the same.

In case you're unaware, Skinwalker wrote a brief history here: topic3.html

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan