FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 pm


Author Message
Halliday
Post  Post subject: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 3

Offline
I've had problems with my computer, over a couple on months, and have joined this site only recently.
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum, for this post, and I suppose my question has been asked already?
I assume the science forum.com site has finally been laid to rest?
I'm just curious as the .com site clearly had a lot more action, and, for me, was more interesting than the science forum .org site!


Top
geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm
Posts: 255

Offline
Halliday wrote:
I've had problems with my computer, over a couple on months, and have joined this site only recently.
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum, for this post, and I suppose my question has been asked already?
I assume the science forum.com site has finally been laid to rest?
I'm just curious as the .com site clearly had a lot more action, and, for me, was more interesting than the science forum .org site!

No , the other site has been trucking along for a couple of months now and is picking up new and returning members steadily.
The owner can still not be relied upon if anything goes wrong and the plug could be pulled at any time.

The Duck is in charge of moderation for the most part and Markus Hanke is also around (the second admin) for physics questions (Janus too).
Even thephysicsforum.com is spluttering back into life.

topic1899.html


Top
Halliday
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:27 pm

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 3

Offline
geordief wrote:
Halliday wrote:
I've had problems with my computer, over a couple on months, and have joined this site only recently.
I don't know if this is the correct sub forum, for this post, and I suppose my question has been asked already?
I assume the science forum.com site has finally been laid to rest?
I'm just curious as the .com site clearly had a lot more action, and, for me, was more interesting than the science forum .org site!

No , the other site has been trucking along for a couple of months now and is picking up new and returning members steadily.
The owner can still not be relied upon if anything goes wrong and the plug could be pulled at any time.

The Duck is in charge of moderation for the most part and Markus Hanke is also around (the second admin) for physics questions (Janus too).
Even thephysicsforum.com is spluttering back into life.

topic1899.html

Thanks for the reply.
So what do I type into Google to reach the other site?


Top
PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 am
Posts: 497
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Offline
Just go to www.thescienceforum.com

_________________
"The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart"

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan


Top
marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 4827
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Offline
for what it's worth, the activity levels there are only marginally better than this site, which isn't saying very much

_________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
"Someone is WRONG on the internet" (xkcd)


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:28 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: Iowa

Offline
Low hurdle to jump? Like being the tallest person at a midget convention...

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Halliday
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:46 am

Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 3

Offline
marnixR wrote:
for what it's worth, the activity levels there are only marginally better than this site, which isn't saying very much

So where is everyone?
Have some joined another forum?
I would like to see the .org and .com fora unite, as one, altho' this may not be possible technically.
Of course such an action, even if attainable, would probably be unpopular with many members.


Top
geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm
Posts: 255

Offline
Halliday wrote:
marnixR wrote:
for what it's worth, the activity levels there are only marginally better than this site, which isn't saying very much

So where is everyone?
Have some joined another forum?
I would like to see the .org and .com fora unite, as one, altho' this may not be possible technically.
Of course such an action, even if attainable, would probably be unpopular with many members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTY8H7zjdtc

"let's get together and feel alright"

More is better.Diversity rules :)

(any excuse to post a Bob Marley video :D )


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The Other Forum  |  Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:39 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5659
Location: Iowa

Offline
Halliday wrote:
I would like to see the .org and .com fora unite, as one, altho' this may not be possible technically.

We were the dot com site and created the dot org the first time it blew up. It's blown up repeatedly and progressively worse since then. We've been stable yet quiet. The software is different, but core function and structure the same.

In case you're unaware, Skinwalker wrote a brief history here: topic3.html

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:   


Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC


This free forum is proudly hosted by ProphpBB | phpBB software | Report Abuse | Privacy