FAQ
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:38 am

marnixR
Post  Post subject: blasphemy  |  Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:19 pm

you couldn't make it up, could you ? isn't this the police wasting their own time ?

Stephen Fry faces blasphemy probe after God comments

the comment of the complainant is rich :

Quote:
The viewer was not said to be offended himself but believed Fry's comments qualified as blasphemy under the law

if you're not offended, why bring it up at all ? and why now, after 2 years have passed ?

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: blasphemy  |  Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 am

marnixR wrote:
you couldn't make it up, could you ? isn't this the police wasting their own time ?

Stephen Fry faces blasphemy probe after God comments

the comment of the complainant is rich :

Quote:
The viewer was not said to be offended himself but believed Fry's comments qualified as blasphemy under the law

if you're not offended, why bring it up at all ? and why now, after 2 years have passed ?

"Brilliant! I actually hope it's a genuine complaint by a zealot, but suspect it's engineered as a protest by an Atheist group. "

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2057737662 post#14

:D

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: blasphemy  |  Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:03 am

if that was indeed the reason (i.e. testing of the law for something that shouldn't be on the statute books) then I wonder why the article didn't raise it as a possibility ? or would the complaint not have been investigated if the real reason had been revealed ?

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: blasphemy  |  Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:27 am

marnixR wrote:
if that was indeed the reason (i.e. testing of the law for something that shouldn't be on the statute books) then I wonder why the article didn't raise it as a possibility ? or would the complaint not have been investigated if the real reason had been revealed ?

I guess a formal complaint has to be investigated one way or other.How do you distinguish between real , frivolous and devious?

Perhaps it was done as a bet. Perhaps it was Robbitybob1. Maybe Stephen Fry got religion and decided to offer himself up in mediatique sacrifice :D

I haven't read the various articles and the degree of respect they accord to the complaint and whether there would be those in society who support its intent.Let's ask Trump or Spicer ;)