FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 am

acidutos
Post  Post subject: Need help for my project  |  Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:11 am

I am an aspiring soon to graduate Senior High Student of STEM track. As per requirement of the institution, we are tasked to come up with an investigatory project. I don't know what research I would go through. I love to deal with robotics and science but I don't know what to do and where to start. I hope you can give me insights on what project I should be doing.

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Need help for my project  |  Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:11 am

The whole point of this sort of requirement is that it is a project you come up with... If people tell you what to do it defeats the purpose of it!

As inspiration, however, here is a link to a blog post by one of our students from last year talking about a project she developed.

http://www.talent2030.org/blog/4167/win ... lent-2030/

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Need help for my project  |  Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:36 pm
Original Member
Original Member

As PhDemon said the point of such a thing is for it to be something you came up with. Now if you have several ideas that you're considering and would like feedback on which sounds more promising or is more doable then I'm sure everyone here would be happy to give that sort of feedback. You said that you're having trouble figuring out where to start, well I would suggest narrowing what you want to focus on a specific area, like mention that you love to deal with robotics. So focus on robotics, and from there select an area of robotics that is of particular interest to you.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Need help for my project  |  Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:35 am
Original Member
Original Member

Also, think about what type of robotics? Little vehicles that scoot around on wheels? Mechanical arms that construct items or move heavy things? Something that interacts with the elderly and shows emotions, or which replaces a lost limb like a leg or an arm? Lots of possibilities and potential there...

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan