FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:04 am

anticorncob28
Post  Post subject: 19 house Republicans push to end party's climate denial  |  Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:02 am

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ate-change
I doubt their efforts will succeed and there is zero hope left for the climate in 2017, but I applaud these Republicans. If you truly support your party you will call them out when they are wrong so they can improve. There shouldn't be partisan divide over climate change in the first place, and outside the U.S. there isn't (as the article points out). If they do somehow succeed it will increase efforts from the U.S. and make climate change appear as a global issue and not a Democrat issue.

I was also surprised to find a clear majority of the general public supporting a carbon tax, even among Republicans.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: 19 house Republicans push to end party's climate denial  |  Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:29 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Agree, it's better than nothing, but still not enough.

Moved to politics

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan