FAQ
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:01 am

marnixR
Post  Post subject: no Europa landing  |  Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:37 pm

I know the cuts to the NASA budget have been nowhere near as bad as they could have been, especially in light of cuts elsewhere, but on a personal level I find the cancellation of a landing on Europa disappointing - I would so have wished to know what's there to be found

Trump's NASA Budget Nixes Lassoing An Asteroid, Landing On Europa

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: no Europa landing  |  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:07 am
Original Member
Original Member

My response to his budget proposal is a giant... oh, FFS...Really?
But in fairness, congress passes budgets, not presidents and this was dead on arrival.
It's really more a wishlist and signal to the base about priorities.

Even if it's a wishlist, though, we can lament how profoundly the US president should be capable of making better wishes.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: no Europa landing  |  Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:58 pm
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
Even if it's a wishlist, though, we can lament how profoundly the US president should be capable of making better wishes.

Exactly.

What boggles me is that there are people out there reading his budget and in full support of cutting the programs he wants to cut. These people clearly have such different values from myself that I can hardly imagine them as being from the same country as me let alone the same species. How does anyone come to have the mindset where eliminating meals on wheels or energy assistance for low income and the elderly is not just acceptable but laudable?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: no Europa landing  |  Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:22 am
Original Member
Original Member

If Melania Trump lived in the White House for just 10 days we could fund Meals on Wheels for a full year.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan