FAQ
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 2:55 am

CEngelbrecht
Post  Post subject: Why is the aquatic ape hypothesis wrong?  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:11 pm

Can't anyone give me this illusive single sentence answer as to why the aquatic ape hypothesis is so wrong, now that we all know it's wrong? After reading about the concept for twenty years, I still haven't found a single clear answer as to why that is. It is the weirdest pseudoscientific idea I have ever encountered, 'cause no one says flat out what the problem is.

Quote:
"During the last few years, when I have found myself in the company of distinguished biologists, evolutionary theorists, paleoanthropologists and other experts, I have often asked them to tell me, please, exactly why Elaine Morgan must be wrong about the aquatic theory. I haven’t yet had a reply worth mentioning, aside from those who admit, with a twinkle in their eyes, that they have also wondered the same thing."
- Dan Dennett, "Darwin's Dangerous Idea" (1995)

That still applies. One could be inclined to suspect, that the mainstream knows full well that the waterside idea is a perfectly valid suggestion, but that academic arrogance still leaves them refusing to give due recognition to a sniveling amateur writer, that wasn't a member of their fraternity and didn't follow their ingrained rules.

IMAGE REMOVED
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07w4y9 ... des/player

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or politics, but it is not the path to knowledge. Accepted and conventional ideas are often wrong, and fundamental insights can arise from most unexpected sources."
- Carl Sagan

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Why is the aquatic ape hypothesis wrong?  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:46 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Nope. You've already tried this here. It's locked for a reason. Bitch and moan about censorship all you want. I really don't care. This thread's locked, too. Don't reintroduce the topic.

topic2103.html

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Why is the aquatic ape hypothesis wrong?  |  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:41 am

not so much wrong, but as slippery as an eel in a bucket full of snot
in addition, stop harassing the staff on this forum or you'll be banned for good