FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:28 am

fay's unKle
Post  Post subject: Hydrostatic pressure against water incompressibility  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:41 pm

I am looking for any known builded arrangement to resemble this.

On one of the walls of a half a meter high tank (the other dimensions don't really matter) there are two circular holes the diameters of which are of the ratio one to two. ( 1:2 ) The holes are covered with heavy duty rubber, water-proof and air-tightly but it must be made like an accordion so that when pushed with sufficient force (more than 1 atm x it's area) it will give way and bulge (protrude) either inwards or outwards. Then we fill the tank with water from another hole and close it too, like being welded, without leaving even a single air bubble inside the tank and most importantly while we are filling it with water we take extra care to keep both rubber covers of the holes straight, not allowed to bend at all.

We lower the tank about forty meters into the sea, where the pressure is about 4 atms.

WIll the rubber cover of the bigger hole be pushed inwards and of the smaller outwards or vice versa or else.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Hydrostatic pressure against water incompressibility  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:55 pm

I've removed the large and coloured font and modified the all-capitals paragraph so that it doesn't offend people's eyes - please try to stick to standard font size and lower case unless there's a very good reason not to

fay's unKle
Post  Post subject: Re: Hydrostatic pressure against water incompressibility  |  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:27 pm

If that's the way it has to be that's how I will be posting marnixR. Offending in any form is a bad thing, but color is helpfull some times. You have good manners even when you are opposing things. Thank you.

"Show me what you are creating and I will tell you who you are, tell me how and for what are you arguing about and I will tell you what you are." The humble me.