FAQ
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:46 am

wrestjosh
Post  Post subject: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:34 pm

This may sound dumb, and I am not saying I am trying this. I am just curious, since they don't have a cell wall, wouldn't this kill and destroy fat cells?

I am asking because I know injecting red blood cells with distilled water would flood and kill them from bursting, so I guess i'm asking would the same happen to fat cells.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:39 am

interesting question
however, how would you ensure that the water only gets absorbed by the fat cells

+ there's the potential risk of the effect of burst cells on the surrounding other ones

wrestjosh
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:09 pm

I guess thats the real question right, like if there was a way too only target the fat cell, but the process i'm sure would take forever. This day and age though, who knows what they could come up with.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:47 pm

at the moment there's already Research going on about trying to teach our immune system to recognise and selectively attack cancer cells - maybe you could do the same with fat cells

however, this might have unintended consequences, since provides some essential services elsewhere in the body e.g. the sheathing of nerve cells

wrestjosh
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:09 pm

yeah, I mean of course It would have to be extremely controlled, but like me for instance, I have plenty of fat to spare, It would be interesting if we could figure that out one day.

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 pm

But what are you proposing? Do you intend to inject each individual fat cell with distilled water? Surely if you want to lose weight doing some exercise and watching what you eat is the easier option...

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

Pong
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 am
Original Member
Original Member

marnixR wrote:
this might have unintended consequences, since provides some essential services elsewhere in the body e.g. the sheathing of nerve cells

My thoughts too. If you stripped the fat padding your heart it would rattle in your chest.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: Injecting fat cells with distilled water  |  Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Pong wrote:
marnixR wrote:
this might have unintended consequences, since provides some essential services elsewhere in the body e.g. the sheathing of nerve cells

My thoughts too. If you stripped the fat padding your heart it would rattle in your chest.

There isn't (typically) any fat padding around the heart, its held in place by the fascia and vessels connected to it.