FAQ
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:26 am

pgable
Post  Post subject: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:39 am

Good evening,

I am a first year student at Lone Star College in Houston, TX. I am currently working on a career project for my Learning Framework class. I am aspiring to be an environmental scientist in the future. I am needing to conduct a short interview in regards to working in the field of environmental science. If you are currently employed in a career that falls under the field of environmental science, please message me. I can easily send the questions via private message and will be covering details in regards to daily operations, experience, and educational requirements. Thank you in advance.

-PGable

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:47 am
Original Member
Original Member

Hi pgable. I'm not certain we have a practicing environmental scientist active in our community right now, but wish you well in your efforts! If someone here can help, I'm confident they will.

(FYI- I deleted your duplicate thread in the biology subforum. One is enough. No harm, no foul though)

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

pgable
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:48 am

iNow wrote:
Hi pgable. I'm not certain we have a practicing environmental scientist active in our community right now, but wish you well in your efforts! If someone here can help, I'm confident they will.

(FYI- I deleted your duplicate thread in the biology subforum. One is enough. No harm, no foul though)

No worries! I had originally meant to post it here. Thank you!

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:36 am

I used to be an environmental/atmospheric science academic. I changed jobs a couple of years ago. Is that good enough for you?

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

pgable
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:51 am

PhDemon wrote:
I used to be an environmental/atmospheric science academic. I changed jobs a couple of years ago. Is that good enough for you?

That should work. I will need the questions to be answered with information pertaining to the time you were employed in that field. Is it alright if I private message you the questions?

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:53 am

No problem, I should have time to answer them in my lunch break (about 5 hours from now).

pgable
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 am

I have sent a private message your way. Thank you again! I misunderstood a certain portion of my career project and I am doing all of this last minute. I have to have it turned in by 9am and it is 1am now. You are a life saver!

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 am

I got to work early and managed to answer your questions before my first class. I've sent them to you as a PM.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:44 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Thanks for being a helper, PhDemon! Really appreciate you lending a hand to this new member today. :)

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Career Project: Short Interview - Environmental Science  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:04 pm

No problem, glad to help...