FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 am

Sliced Bread
Post  Post subject: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:00 pm

I have produced the intellectual property for this technology. I cannot post the links here as this is my first post.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:50 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Instead of posting a link to direct traffic elsewhere, please post the ideas here for discussion in thread. Note: I've deleted your duplicate thread.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Sliced Bread
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Interstellar Transmitter Concept (King David’s Sling)

American Journal of Modern Physics Volume 2, Issue 3, May 2013, Pages: 138-143

Abstract:

A simple operating principle (similar to a combination of a pottery wheel and a catapult or, simply, the weapon used by David to slay Goliath) coupled with the success of some moderate engineering challenges may allow for the transmission of a carrier wave from Earth to Mars in less than one second! This paper also directly addresses the controversy of light speed variance/invariance (which has arisen from the “wave/particle nature of light” debate) by referencing Joseph A. Rybczyk’s 2012 paper, “Lunar Laser Evidence of Light Speed Variance”.

For entire paper, click on the following link ->

LINK REMOVED

You will need to scroll halfway down the page and click on the tiny PDF icon in the blue block at the right-hand side of the page.

Chrispen Evan
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Quote:
A disk of about 12.5 inches in diameter gives a circumference
of one (1) meter. Rotating at 3.5 billion RPMs, an
emitter placed on the circumference will be travelling at the
speed of.58c (c being the velocity of light). And light emitted
from this point will travel at the speed of 1.58c.

no.

Sliced Bread
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:01 am

"No" is the first word a baby learns. Please try to bring a little more to the discussion.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:58 am
Original Member
Original Member

Light speed is constant regardless of frame of reference. It's invariant. End conversation.

You seem to be trying to use classical physics principles, but you're doing so mistakenly.

If I'm traveling on a train traveling at 100mph and shine a flashlight toward the front of the train, the light does not travel at c + 100mph (as measured from an observer on the ground).

If I'm traveling on a train traveling at 100mph and shine a flashlight toward the back of the train, the light does not travel at c - 100mph (as measured from an observer on the ground).

The same applies to your spinning disk. Light ALWAYS travels at c, regardless of where it's coming from, regardless of who's looking, and regardless of the motion of the source.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Sliced Bread
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:18 am

Light as a constant is dogma. Especially in the way that you frame it. And you know this to be true.

Would it hurt you to be honest?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 am
Original Member
Original Member

Your welcome here will extinguish rapidly if you keep accusing me of dishonesty for no reason whatsoever. Knock it off now.

If you're curious how we know c is invariant, you can study Maxwell's equations and review the empicism that backs them up. No dogma needed.

If those equations and experiments are wrong, then show it. I promise... You'll become wealthy beyond your wildest avarice. People have been trying and failing to disprove it for over a century and have failed. Every. Single. Time.

Now... If you'd like to double down on your attacks against me personally, be my guest. Consider it a dare...

Sliced Bread
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:53 am

There is nothing in Maxwell's equations that proves light is constant. How old are you? You talk like a pre-teen.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:16 am
Original Member
Original Member

Sliced Bread wrote:
There is nothing in Maxwell's equations that proves light is constant.

You'll notice I didn't use the word "prove."

Here's a decent overview for interested readers: http://www.physicsoftheuniverse.com/top ... light.html

Or the math itself: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/h ... st-3523717

Much more detail here: http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/

Sliced Bread wrote:
"No" is the first word a baby learns.
Sliced Bread wrote:
Sliced Bread wrote:
How old are you? You talk like a pre-teen.

Right then. Goodbye.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Real-Time Communications for Mars  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:07 pm
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
Sliced Bread wrote:
"No" is the first word a baby learns.
Sliced Bread wrote:
Sliced Bread wrote:
How old are you? You talk like a pre-teen.

Right then. Goodbye.

You had far more patience for this nut than I would have.