Hello. I have a couple of questions.
1.) Hypothetical situation: If I touch a live mains wire (not a closed circuit, just one wire sticking from the socket) electricity is not going to flow through my body which is not grounding because I'm on the 4th floor on my building. So I would not get a shock, right? Then why can I use a neon bulb screwdriver for testing a live wire? It still requires an electric flow through the body...
2.) Imagine a barbecue meat fork with two prongs. When I was little I stuck one of those in a socket but I held it by the plastic handle, so I'm good. But what if I was holding the metal itself? Theoretically the circuit will close at the point where the prongs meet, we would have a short circuit and there will be no flow above that point. Is that correct? Also, if I was holding it by the exact place of the meeting prongs, only my fingers would get damaged and not the entire body, right?
I'm not an engineer soo... sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm curious