FAQ
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:25 am

OldChemE
Post  Post subject: Just wanting to introduce myself  |  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 am

I recently found this forum and, after reading, decided to join. I am a retired engineer: BS in Chemical Engineering, Masters in Nuclear Engineering, practitioner in Mechanical Engineering (passed the test to be licensed in Mechanical, but didn't need two licenses). I started my engineering career working on power plants for nuclear submarines and warships (drafted during the Vietnam war) and spent the rest of my career working on design of civilian nuclear power plants. When I retired I accepted a position as a Science teacher, five years later retired again to move closer to family. I them became a Math teacher and did that until I was 70 and retired yet again.

You won't see me presenting any hard science with sources and data and such-- I'm just here to read about all things science. My own specialty is synergy. I discovered (or rather my superiors discovered) in the latter part of my career that I have an ability to take piles and piles of related studies and papers written by others and tease out the essential connections and make them into a cogent whole, while identifying any gaps or holes that need to be addressed. I am fascinated by how things fit together-- be it hardware or ideas, and I love the challenge of taking potentially connected things, figuring out the connections (if any) and trying to draw insights from the result.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Just wanting to introduce myself  |  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am

welcome to the forum - I hope you find your stay enjoyable !

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Just wanting to introduce myself  |  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:02 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Welcome to the community, OCE! Looking forward to your contributions. :)

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Just wanting to introduce myself  |  Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Welcome to the community! Hope you like it here.