FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:50 am

Roamer
Post  Post subject: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:58 pm

Where did the trans fat come from? :o
Speculations anyone?

There's only 4 ingredients, and none of them seems to me like the source of that 0.05g of trans fat per serving.

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 am

From the soya beans..
Trans fats are by-products of hydrogenation of vegetable oils...

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:17 am
Original Member
Original Member

I agree with marnixR, its from the Soybean oil.

What im curious about is why it needs to non-GMO soybeans, given there is no harm at all in gmos?

Roamer
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 am

It's soy milk.
Specifically, soy milk from Mr Bean.

Is it common to put partially hydrogenated oils in soy milk?

This is the product:
http://www.mrbean.com.sg/product_info.a ... pB4kNVI2F1

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:59 am
Original Member
Original Member

paleoichneum wrote:
I agree with marnixR

I think you meant Gabby

paleoichneum wrote:
What im curious about is why it needs to non-GMO soybeans, given there is no harm at all in gmos?

It's similar to putting a label of non-GMO & gluten free on water. It's a bunch of marketing buzz words to sell stuff to the mis- and un-informed.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:00 am
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
paleoichneum wrote:
I agree with marnixR

I think you meant Gabby

paleoichneum wrote:

It's similar to putting a label of non-GMO & gluten free on water. It's a bunch of marketing buzz words to sell stuff to the mis- and un-informed.

oops, yes i did mean gabby indeed!

I know, its just rather frustrating and irksome that it gets played to so much haha

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 am
Original Member
Original Member

Roamer wrote:
It's soy milk.
Specifically, soy milk from Mr Bean.

Is it common to put partially hydrogenated oils in soy milk?

This is the product:
http://www.mrbean.com.sg/product_info.a ... pB4kNVI2F1

My guess would be that it was a product of the making of the soybean oil into the soy milk, and not added to the soy milk afterwards

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: Where did the trans fat come from?  |  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:30 pm

That's a lot of sugar and carbs - that's going to make you fat.