FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:11 pm

UncleAcus
Post  Post subject: Desk Top Hardware  |  Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:06 pm

Entertaining the idea of building my own PC again. Thinking a desktop.

The reason's being that building part by part is a more economical way of acquiring a PC powerful enough to do what I want.

Uses would be internet, office applications, programming editors, compilers like Unity Engine, 3D sculpting software like blender, Music Editors like Fruit Loops. The gaming performance aspect would be to use more popular titles, but I would also be testing small creative projects. Video editing is a goal down the line.

Any way the question is: What are the best websites for shopping for individual components?

- Alex

P.S. Any other tips or thoughts are welcome.

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Re: Desk Top Hardware  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm

If you’re in the UK (Or Europe) then I recommended overclockers.co.uk. That’s where I’ll get my parts now.

Something to consider when building your own PC is to do research on noise pollution of your graphics card or the cooler for your processor. You could pay a lot of money for great graphics performance but when the card fans start spinning your PC might sound like a small jet engine is about to take off!

My desktop case has soundproof material inside to reduce such noise ;)