FAQ
It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 pm

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C ands C++ In NetBeans  |  Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:15 pm

I installed NetBeans with JDK 8 for Java but I am having problems coding in C and C++. I installed the plugin to code in C and C++ but I cannot find the tool collections needed to run C and C++ programs on my computer. I have MinGW on my computer somewhere. Where can I find the MinGW tools on my computer and how can I apply MinGW to NetBeans for C and C++ coding?

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C ands C++ In NetB  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:03 pm

I fixed my problem with NetBeans. I installed CodeBlocks with the MinGW components but in doing so I did not actually install a copy of MinGW that I could use elsewhere, such as with NetBeans, so I downloaded the MinGW components myself and NetBeans automatically found them and applied the components for use and now I can run C and C++ programs with NetBeans.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C ands C++ In NetB  |  Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:54 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Glad you got it sorted, matt. Thanks for letting us know how.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C ands C++ In NetB  |  Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm

iNow wrote:
Glad you got it sorted, matt. Thanks for letting us know how.

No problem, I am glad to help. I just downloaded the MinGW Installer and I selected Basic Setup and downloaded the MinGW developer toolkit, MinGW 32 base installation, and the GNU C++ compiler.

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: I Need Help With My Problem Coding In C ands C++ In NetB  |  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:55 pm

If you do not want to use the MinGW programming tools then Cygwin is another set of programming tools that you can install and use on Windows or Linux inside an IDE like CodeBlocks, NetBeans, or Eclipse for C and C++ programming.