FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Rogue One  |  Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:21 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I saw it the other night. No spoilers but this hasnt changed....Imperial Storm troopers still can't shoot straight. What's wrong with a culture that can build death stars but guns that shoot straight seems to be something the weapons development department couldn't figure out?

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Zinjanthropos wrote:
I saw it the other night. No spoilers but this hasnt changed....Imperial Storm troopers still can't shoot straight. What's wrong with a culture that can build death stars but guns that shoot straight seems to be something the weapons development department couldn't figure out?

hahahahahahahhahaha. I asked myself the same question.
Loved the movie though. It's nice watching movies with a beggining and an end

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:15 pm

SPOILER ALERT:
I’ll say I found it a bit tedious to watch and just couldn’t get into it. Uninteresting characters and dull script. Had some good moments though. Droid stole the best lines. They should have utilized Vader in the story much more as James Earl Jones isn’t going to be around forever. Best scene was Vader going nuts with his lightsabre against the rebels.

I did like Felicity Jones!

Btw - I noticed scenes in the trailer aren’t in the final movie. Apparently there were changes to the movie since the trailer release.

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 am
Original Member
Original Member

pineapples wrote:
Btw - I noticed scenes in the trailer aren’t in the final movie. Apparently there were changes to the movie since the trailer release.

I noticed that too. Especially the one where she's out on the ramp high in the air and you see the imperial ship appear as it rises up from below.....not in the movie I saw. Maybe it was in the 3D version?

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:54 am

I’m sure it was cut entirely from the 3D too. Here’s a list of scenes in the trailer but not seen in the finale movie: http://www.thisisinsider.com/rogue-one- ... at-acts-14

No doubt we’ll see endless money grabbing directors cut editions showing some of the omitted scenes in years to come. :)

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:40 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I got the feeling after this one that Star Wars is going to have to throw away the template if they want to keep this franchise going. I think people are going to say ' what, really, the same old shit' .

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:49 pm

I like the same old shit..... :|

Lynx_Fox
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:51 am

In large part, they did throw away the template in Rogue one. It's far more gritty, less coy in it's 50's like corny humour relationships, and characters less black and white. And take it from me from being the military most of my life-- most soldiers cant' shoot straight in close combat once bullets start flying.

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:56 am
Original Member
Original Member

Lynx_Fox wrote:
And take it from me from being the military most of my life-- most soldiers cant' shoot straight in close combat once bullets start flying.

They shouldn't have to, if you can build a death star then a technologically advanced hand held weapon should be able to do the job, loaded with smart bullets ;)

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: Rogue One  |  Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:44 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I think Star Wars will survive Carrie Fisher's death. I liked her for her wit. Never really thought of her as a one time babe.

My favorite CF quote:
Quote:
“Youth and beauty are not accomplishments, they’re the temporary happy by-products of time and/or DNA. Don’t hold your breath for either.”