FAQ
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:12 am

marnixR
Post  Post subject: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:40 pm

what's the likelihood that Hillary Clinton's campaign team is trying to find evidence that Donald Trump is behind the FBI's renewed interest in her emails

not saying they're going to find it, but boy would they love to be able to do so, or maybe even just have sufficient mud to sling in the hope that some sticks

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:07 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I think that's a stretch. They are, however, wondering why the FBI isn't releasing the evidence it has that Trump and his team have colluded with Russians and have bank accounts setup specifically to wire money only to russia.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Northerner
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:24 pm

I'm not a Trump fan, but in this a situation I just don't believe The FBI can win.
They are, and will continue to be attacked no matter the course of action they decided to take.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Julian Assange has claimed that Clinton ordered the assassination of one of his Wikileaks people. I am inclined to believe him.

Sorry, but even the "left wing" in Western politics have turned into murderous thugs.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:47 pm

after WikiLeaks has been caught falsifying leaked emails ? and now that it's becoming clear that he's in league with Putin in the latter's attempts to influence the US elections ? give me a break !

is there any reason to believe that Assange is anything other than someone with a big axe to grind ?

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 am

Who has proven that Wikileaks have falsified leaked emails? The US government? Give me a break. It strikes me that a government who labels anyone they don't like a "terrorist" probably has an axe of their own to grind.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

be my guest - you seem to be prone to conspiracy theory thinking

soon you're going to tell me that you believe the story that Clinton and Obama have founded ISIS

Hillary Admitted She And Obama Created ISIS – Caught on Tape!

it's one thing to hate certain types of politician, it's quite another to believe anything just because you want it to be true

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:48 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:
Julian Assange has claimed that Clinton ordered the assassination of one of his Wikileaks people. I am inclined to believe him.

Sorry, but even the "left wing" in Western politics have turned into murderous thugs.

Assange is a vile creep who only cares about lining his own pockets. Partner that with the fact that he is bff's with Putin, and his partnership with RT (Russia's propaganda machine). Putin wants nothing more than to see the US destabilized or with a leader that he can control. Add all of that up and I see no reason to believe anything Assange claims.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:53 pm

iNow wrote:
I think that's a stretch. They are, however, wondering why the FBI isn't releasing the evidence it has that Trump and his team have colluded with Russians and have bank accounts setup specifically to wire money only to russia.

Will you please provide a credible link to your assertions, just asking is all.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Rory wrote:

wireless Posts: 105Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:

Sure. Here ya go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos ... ussia-ties

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el ... ng-n666696

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -ties.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/d ... cks-229816

I will acknowledge my poor word choice in the original reply, though. It was unintentionally misleading when I used the words evidence and release and should not have. My intent instead was to share that the Clinton campaign and related democrats were calling on the FBI to investigate Trumps ties to Russia.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:25 pm

OK , thank you for that . I am off to bed soon, I will read your links tomorrow.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:38 pm
Original Member
Original Member

No need. FBI said there's no there there. It was in the news today. I was just supporting the claim that the Clinton campaign and fellow Dems wanted the FBI to look into it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... trump.html

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:08 am

marnix I suppose you're right?

USA destroyed Iraq in the name of freedom not to prop up the petrodollar

There is not hypocrisy in their cries of "terrorist"

:roll:

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:54 am

iNow wrote:
No need. FBI said there's no there there. It was in the news today. I was just supporting the claim that the Clinton campaign and fellow Dems wanted the FBI to look into it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po ... trump.html

I have read your link and it led to another very interesting link about a possible Russian involvement, in an election day hack. :shock:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/15/us/po ... ystem.html

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 am

Rory wrote:
marnix I suppose you're right?

USA destroyed Iraq in the name of freedom not to prop up the petrodollar

There is not hypocrisy in their cries of "terrorist"

:roll:

i'm sure there's plenty of hypocrisy, and often oil or gas is an unacknowledged driver (Falklands, anyone ?) but it doesn't always have to be the case

it isn't in Syria and it isn't for Assange - there just isn't any need to kill anyone involved in WikiLeaks
either the truth will out or it won't, but killing one person would be utterly pointless since it won't make a difference as to the leaking of information

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:56 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:
I have read your link and it led to another very interesting link about a possible Russian involvement, in an election day hack. :shock:

Yep, and that's been verified by nearly every US intelligence agency.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:31 pm

iNow wrote:
wireless wrote:

Yep, and that's been verified by nearly every US intelligence agency.

Nothing so far, in main stream media about an election day hack by the Russians.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:36 am
Original Member
Original Member

Are you suggesting that unless the hack transaction occurred specifically on Election Day then it didn't happen or that Russia couldn't possibly have influenced the outcome?

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:44 pm

I really have no idea if the Russians hacked the latest US elections. I suppose if I was a Trump supporter and Trump lost I would blame a Russian hack. If I was a Clinton supporter and Clinton lost I would blame a Russian hack.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:35 pm

the BBC reviewed the possibility of hacking in the following article :

Why the US fears Russia is hacking its presidential election

the conclusion was that there was evidence of espionage with the possibility of data theft, and possible dissemination of actual or falsified documents - that was about a month ago

since then there has been NO evidence that the actual voting process was being interfered with, e.g. by turning a marginal win for Clinton in Florida into a marginal win for Trump

and believe you me, if anything ontoward had happened we would have heard about it by now

P.S. oh, and there's also this one from last Tuesday :

US election: Experts keep watch over 'hack states'

people were aware of the possibility, but again, no one said anything after the event

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:52 pm

marnixR wrote:
the BBC reviewed the possibility of hacking in the following article :

Why the US fears Russia is hacking its presidential election

the conclusion was that there was evidence of espionage with the possibility of data theft, and possible dissemination of actual or falsified documents - that was about a month ago

since then there has been NO evidence that the actual voting process was being interfered with, e.g. by turning a marginal win for Clinton in Florida into a marginal win for Trump

and believe you me, if anything ontoward had happened we would have heard about it by now

P.S. oh, and there's also this one from last Tuesday :

US election: Experts keep watch over 'hack states'

people were aware of the possibility, but again, no one said anything after the event

I have had a read of your second link which is from 8th November and updated 12th November. The article starts with,
" The concern that the 2016 US presidential election may be hacked, by Russia or some other bad actor, could hold the same place in history as the Millennium Bug: a whole load of worry over nothing."
Main stream media at this moment in time seems to agree with this. However the FBI may be investigating things that we know nothing of, as yet.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:57 pm

I have somehow managed to put my last post inside the data that I used as a quote from MarnixR.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:46 pm
Original Member
Original Member

There was hacking. It was confirmed. Innuendo and rejection of facts doesn't mean they're no longer facts.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... eaks-rele/
Quote:
Back in July, when WikiLeaks released the DNC emails, the [US] government hadn’t yet named a culprit.

On Oct. 7, however — the same day WikiLeaks released the emails of Clinton campaign chair John Podesta — the Homeland Security Department and Office of the Director of National Intelligence released a joint statement that said, "The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of emails from U.S. persons and institutions, including from U.S. political organizations."

The statement added that the recent hacks "are consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts. These thefts and disclosures are intended to interfere with the US election process."

The statement also said the intelligence community believes these attacks are directed from top levels of the Russian government, as Clinton said.

"We believe, based on the scope and sensitivity of these efforts, that only Russia's senior-most officials could have authorized these activities," the statement said.

The U.S. Intelligence Community is made up of 17 agencies, forming the basis of Clinton’s claim.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm

I have read your link, it comes across as , " Hillary Clinton says ". I am not saying that you are wrong, but a less biased source may be found.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:22 pm

the point that I was trying to make was that the voting system itself was more than likely not hacked

I accept that the hacking amounted to the spreading of information and disinformation with the intent to sway the voting public though

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:58 am

marnixR wrote:
what's the likelihood that Hillary Clinton's campaign team is trying to find evidence that Donald Trump is behind the FBI's renewed interest in her emails

not saying they're going to find it, but boy would they love to be able to do so, or maybe even just have sufficient mud to sling in the hope that some sticks

Getting back to the OP it seems that Hillary Clinton is blaming her defeat on the e-mail investigation led
by the FBI. No mention of involvement by Donald Trump yet, but that is possibly just around the corner.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37963965

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:03 am

well, it clearly was an intervention that raised eyebrows and must have affected some voting intentions - whether she would have won without it remains to be seen (I suppose ther's no way of ever knowing anyway, unless someone has a time machine)

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:30 am

marnixR wrote:
well, it clearly was an intervention that raised eyebrows and must have affected some voting intentions - whether she would have won without it remains to be seen (I suppose ther's no way of ever knowing anyway, unless someone has a time machine)

I think her assessment might be right. She was putting clear water between her campaign and "his" after the debates were over.

Was Comey a fool or a traitor? Can Obama establish the facts in his last days in office?

Sic transit Democratia Americana

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:27 pm

If you care to look, you will see that James Comey was appointed Director of the FBI by President Barack Obama in September 2013. I cannot see Obama looking too hard at Comey between now and January 2017.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Comey

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:34 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Why not? When Comey was appointed, by whom he was appointed, or how long Obama has left in office doesn't appear to be relevant to whether or not investigations into his actions will occur.

Given these facts, why do you hold the position you do that you "cannot see Obama looking too hard at Comey between now and January?"

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:41 am

There is a possibility that Obama had decided that he did not want another Clinton in the Whitehouse. The 2012 Benghazi attack certainly put Clinton in the spotlight, but for all the wrong reasons. Perhaps it was Obama who unleased Comey, speculation yes, but strange things do happen. Try this link from NY Times October 2016.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/po ... email.html

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:13 pm

you're flirting with conspiracy country there ...
after all, the best way he could ensure that his legacy remained intact would be to have anyone but Trump in office

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:26 pm
Original Member
Original Member

marnixR wrote:

Not just flirting, but already in flagrante delicto... To be frank, it appears that he's already impregnated conspiracy country and is out shopping for furniture and fine china with it.

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:35 pm

iNow wrote:
marnixR wrote:

Not just flirting, but already in flagrante delicto... To be frank, it appears that he's already impregnated conspiracy country and is out shopping for furniture and fine china with it.

Once Trump is in office is everyone confident that the rule of law will be allowed to remain independent? **

Did I not hear that he was interested in changing the law in relation to the press and was his comment regarding "Mexican" judges very worrying.

If Comey was found to have acted criminally could that finding be suppressed ?

Does anyone think that Lord Trump may have realised that he is completely out of his depth and is aiming for a ceremonial role where he can just indulge his pet projects and try to "look Presidential" ?

By the way is he worried that an investigation into Clinton will show up his lies in the campaign or might he think he can finesse this?

**and did the Republicans not "filibuster" the appointment of the Supreme Court Judge quite disgracefully ?

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:33 pm

iNow wrote:
marnixR wrote:

Just bought the furniture from Oakland, the china is on its way from China.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:34 pm

marnixR wrote:
after all, the best way he could ensure that his legacy remained intact would be to have anyone but Trump in office

Did you have time to read the link that I supplied ?

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:48 pm

geordief wrote:
iNow wrote:
marnixR wrote:

Once Trump is in office is everyone confident that the rule of law will be allowed to remain independent? **

Did I not hear that he was interested in changing the law in relation to the press and was his comment regarding "Mexican" judges very worrying.

If Comey was found to have acted criminally could that finding be suppressed ?

Does anyone think that Lord Trump may have realised that he is completely out of his depth and is aiming for a ceremonial role where he can just indulge his pet projects and try to "look Presidential" ?

By the way is he worried that an investigation into Clinton will show up his lies in the campaign or might he think he can finesse this?

**and did the Republicans not "filibuster" the appointment of the Supreme Court Judge quite disgracefully ?

Far too many questions, but I will answer your third question. Obama will not go after Comey, he probably does not have the time nor the will to do this before January 2017. When Trump takes office he will not go after Comey, there is just no point in doing so. Therefore there will be nothing to supress with regard to Comey.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: FBI and Trump  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 pm

wireless wrote:
marnixR wrote:

Did you have time to read the link that I supplied ?

yes, but I don't see any evidence that he's behind the FBI action in the election - all he's trying to do is calm the waters, knowing that he's got little to gain from stirring