FAQ
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:07 am

marnixR
Post  Post subject: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:38 pm

when posting recent albums of my hols on facebook I noticed that although e.g. my latest album contained 74 pictures, the actual post number on my news feed shows 30 - and when you click on the first picture in the newsfeed, you see 30 pictures, meaning you're missing out on more than half of the album

you actually have to click on the link above the pictures to link to the full album

is this a known feature, and if so, does it only happen on large albums + what's more, can anything be done about it - after all, my pictures in an album are supposed to make a narrative, but if more than half the pix are missing, then that's gone down the drain

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:51 am
Original Member
Original Member

I've not experienced this myself so can't comment

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:56 am

Not sure, but Facebook has gone weird - insisting we install Messenger app to be able to read messages?

Well I don't want to install the app, which means I mostly can't read my messages.

They've incorporated a few changes too far.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 pm

not sure when this started, so can't really tell whether this is something new or if I've only just noticed

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:59 am
Original Member
Original Member

Are you sure it just says 30 and doesn't say 30+ or maybe a link at the bottom that must be manually pressed to LOAD MORE ?

I tried to take a look, but couldn't locate recent albums on your wall

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:16 am

that's another thing : pictures you post appear on your wall, but albums don't
for albums you have to go to Photos on my wall, and then Albums, but they don't appear on the wall itself

and yes, i'm sure that it said 30 pictures, showing 4 in the preview and stating +26 more
and when you click on the first of the pictures preview, you get to see 30, acting as if the other 44 didn't exist

there is a link stating the title of the album which links to the actual album, and which all the pictures not just the 30 shortlist

i still have to post one more album on this holiday, will try to post here when i do, so that all and sundry can investigate - not sure when that will be, but presumably in the next few weeks

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:
Not sure, but Facebook has gone weird - insisting we install Messenger app to be able to read messages?

Well I don't want to install the app, which means I mostly can't read my messages.

They've incorporated a few changes too far.

My Facebook app insisted I did that like a year ago. Other than taking up some more internal memory the messenger app is alright. In fact I've considered just getting rid of the Facebook app, and keeping only the messenger. Then I remember I like to troll people and pages on FB too much.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:04 pm

Falconer360 wrote:
Then I remember I like to troll people and pages on FB too much.

careful now - anything you say will be misconstrued and held against you when it's least convenient :twisted:

SkinWalker
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:21 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I find it irritating to demand that I install messenger. I've just refused to do it and only read FB messages from a PC.

But as far as the album problem, I've not yet encountered it.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:22 am

I've just posted the latest Sicily album (pt.6) on fb, and exactly the same happened as before : it says I posted 30 new photos, and that's just the number you see when you access the album by clicking on the pictures

however, if you click on the link above the pictures you see all 110 pictures

not sure why this should happen - if anyone could have a look and see if they can come up with any reason for the discrepancy, I'd be delighted to hear !

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Mark Zuckerberg wants to annoy you :twisted:

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:31 pm

Mark who ? is he one of those Polish immigrants ?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:11 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Maybe it has something to do with the chess set made out of fingers?

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 pm

I must admit to being flummoxed

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:59 am
Original Member
Original Member

Have you confirmed whether this is consistent across access methods, both mobile and via browser?

Basically, I wonder if this is an issue across FB as a whole, or perhaps instead if it's an issue just with the app.

If it's confirmed to be an issue just with the app, could help to take the next step of checking to see if it happens both on iPhone and on Droid, or just one or the other.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 pm

I tend to upload pictures from my PC, so it's not even an app as you would understand it on a phone or a tablet
all I'm using is the fb website on Chrome

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:05 pm
Original Member
Original Member

A quick google search suggests to me that this is a common issue lots of people experience and there's no real good answer as to why it happens (though, I'd speculate there are issues with the count function and photos being stored by FB in different servers and dbases and maybe having backups etc. that muddy up the count function)

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:18 pm

maybe it only happens when the photo count exceeds a certain number

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: facebook photo albums  |  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:44 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Then the number must be arbitrary. My girlfriend's sister just uploaded 50 pictures of her wedding and I could see all of them in the post on my news feed.

A lot of page admins that I know have some choice names for Mark Zuckerberg. None of which are truly creative, but they definitely get our displeasure with a lot of Facebook's behavior across.