FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Judith
Post  Post subject: I guess I now get to reintroduce myself  |  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:32 pm

I have always loved the stars. I have recently become very interested in science fiction. --To go where no man has gone before--the easiest way is through Science Fiction (I am also part of the Star Wars generation).

Before getting involved with SciFi and still, my greatest escape literature were mysteries, but mainly spy and cloak and dagger--both fiction and real-life.

These topics and my interest in the stars, have given me a new outlook-- I am writing a SciFi novel combining all--the actions of a peaceful star-system in the Andromeda galaxy (my favorite place) toward a warrior star-system threatening them (rumor or truth?). It's an action book, spies and military, but hopefully thought-provoking. I come from a military family so I understand many issues.

While I am not writing 'hard' Sci-Fi, I would like the novel to have some attachment to 'real science', notwithstanding FTL!
I have a BA in Physics and an MA in Anthropology, covering the ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ sciences, and love them both.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: I guess I now get to reintroduce myself  |  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Welcome to the forum Judith! We love SciFi fans that are also interested in real science here. I myself work in paleontology, but I dabble in other areas as well. Hope you like it here.

Dywyddyr
Post  Post subject: Re: I guess I now get to reintroduce myself  |  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 pm

I wish you success.
A few years back, on a different science forum, one poster said he was going to write SF and wanted to pick minds on that forum.
It turned out okay for him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Howey

wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: I guess I now get to reintroduce myself  |  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:40 am

Welcome to the site, I remember your story from the .com site. :)

Lila5
Post  Post subject: Re: I guess I now get to reintroduce myself  |  Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:00 am

hello