FAQ
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:08 am

DrKrettin
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:51 am

One beer wrote:
We flew Luton-Gibraltar* yesterday, but it was too windy to land. We tried twice and then diverted to Malaga**.

I often wonder why anybody would want to go to Gibraltar - it looks like a seriously overcrowded dump. I also wonder about the effects of Brexit.......

Olinguito
Post  Post subject: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Right now watching the final moments of Sutton United 0–2 Arsenal in the FA Cup Fifth Round.

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:06 pm

In the pub drunk. Love half-term holidays ;)

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Olinguito wrote:
Right now watching the final moments of Sutton United 0–2 Arsenal in the FA Cup Fifth Round.

Watching Canadian Sports Network FA Cup highlights and they showed the Sutton United backup keeper standing in the team area, some overweight beer swilling junk food addict. He was made Man of the Match for wolfing down some indescribably decadent mound of unrecognizable animal flesh situated between two slabs of bread. I thought it was well deserved.

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:24 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Right now I am riding public transit to Milo Mciver state park in Oregon. Should have enough light to make camp, and then it's some disc on tomorrow. Got steaks and oatmeal for camp food.
Pack is bloody heavy with discs and camp gear.

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:22 pm

"It's some disc on tomorrow"

Sorry, what does that mean ?

OBt

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:43 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I imagine he's out playing frisbee golf

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:47 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Yep, it's more officially known as Disc Golf. Got a couple waterfall pictures for when I get back.

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Learn something every day. How did it go?

OB

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:57 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Don't know about how you Brits feel but the USA has a sports phenomena that occurs every year about this time. It's called March Madness and for a basketball fan like myself, to attend any of the venues is like a pilgrimage to Mecca. It's college basketball's best weekends of the season.This year I'm on my own Hajj, off to Buffalo NY I go tomorrow for 4 games and I get to repeat the trip on Saturday for two more. Americans know what I'm talking about. Went and got some American greenbacks this morning and planning for some fun, parking will be at a premium and expensive especially after a major winter storm.

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Hope you have a great time!

Dammit !! - just picked up a nail in one of my nearly-new car tyres. Hopefully they can repair it but still a pain to have to get it done. Got a long drive coming up soon, so I will have to.

OB

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:32 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Hey OB: Don't you have an Automobile Association club over there, where you become a member and they send someone out to fix the flat or change the tyres?

Just finished my two days in Buffalo NY, it was great. USA didn't look any different than it did pre-Trump. The only thing that surprised me was being pulled over at US customs for a random vehicle inspection, despite the fact my wife and I both have NEXUS (a pre screened security check) cards that enable us to avoid long lineups and go through quickly. Anyway their office was packed with people and we thought we'd be delayed considerably but they called our number right away and we were out of there in 15 minutes, no problem. I just blamed Trump because everybody else does :D

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:14 am

Hi Zinj,

Yes we have several companys like that and I do have cover, but did not want to have to wait two hours by the side of the motorway for a repair on our way to our holiday. I got it repaired before we went and all was fine on the day.

Just taken delivery of a Yamaha electric piano/synth. Digitally sampled srereo sounds of real instruments and a proper piano keyboard - absolutely awesome !!!!

Now all I have to do is learn to play the piano...........I am just a very very basic three finger chord or one finger melody merchant at the moment, not very sophisticated at all.

OB

Lynx_Fox
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:49 pm

Watching the news for the first time in 3 days. Last Friday had ankle surgery to repair a tibial tendon and bone realignment. Nothing to throw one off routine like loosing mobility combined with some powerful opiates to get me through the first couple days.

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:39 am

Get well soon, Lynx, I hope it repairs well.

I took Entonox for severe pain once - the gas they give women giving birth.

It was amazing stuff and worked almost instantaneously. The best way I can describe the effect is that I could still feel the pain, but it didn't hurt !

Does that make sense?

OB

PS Don't be tempted to drive or anything. I was on opiates soon after the Entonox episode and I said to my wife that I felt fine and might go flying in the afternoon !! :lol:
(That is totally forbidden of course).

wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm

About to take a nap, because I have a sinus infection. :|

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 am
Original Member
Original Member

I'm also about to take a nap, because naps are awesome

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm

I am starting to get back into writing my novel. I was programming as a hobby in Java, C++, and C# most recently before I decided to get back into my novel. It is always fun and rewarding to start off going one direction with your story and then find yourself writing your way into a number of different directions for your story to go!

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 pm

On Sunday I helped my dad clean up some dead leaves and pull some baby trees from around some pine trees in our backyard. We wanted to get it done before it was supposed to rain on Monday and Tuesday by us here in NJ.

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 pm

I have been deciding between continuing my novel and continuing learning how to code in Java, C++, and C# as being my current project. I realize that I should work on one task at a time. I like both writing and coding so it will be a tough decision.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:10 am
Original Member
Original Member

Don't force yourself down a single path. Try to do what feels right.

I sometimes work on one thing then take a "break" by working on some other thing. Paradoxically, doing this often seems to recharge my batteries.

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:38 pm

iNow wrote:
Don't force yourself down a single path. Try to do what feels right.

I sometimes work on one thing then take a "break" by working on some other thing. Paradoxically, doing this often seems to recharge my batteries.

Thanks for the advice!

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 am
Original Member
Original Member

Listening to Dylan

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:33 am

Me too :lol:

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Bob Dylan's 115th Dream : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g_tv0XimBg

Syd Barrett (Pink Floyd) - Bob Dylan Blues : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOokCdkIejk

(Not listening to either. Putting in the potatoes and disposing of dead thrush fledglings)

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:15 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I'd prefer Dylan, potatoes or dead fledglings over what I'm currently up to. I'm doing as much research as i can re the pros and cons of prostate cancer treatment, radiation vs removal. Two days ago I was informed that a biopsy performed two weeks ago, a result from a PSA of 9, indicates I have intermediate prostate cancer. Been told I have an extremely high success ratio(95-99%) of it being cured. However I need to inform myself and weigh the options of treatment. My biggest determining factor is my age. Since doctors have already told me I could live to be 80 before my condition becomes real serious then radiation seems the best bet, if it can get me to 100 then why do I need surgery. Actually I'm not counting on making it to 100 regardless. My attitude is good and treatment will take place in the Fall so I have my summer off to head to the cabin. If anyone has experienced my dilemma or knows of someone else who has then I would appreciate you sharing their story here in the next 14 days, as part of my research.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:01 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Well it sucks that you have to even think about this. Good luck regardless what you decide!

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Just looking for someone to troll, but it is proving extremely difficult. :shock:

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:27 am
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
Well it sucks that you have to even think about this. Good luck regardless what you decide!

I look at it this way.... I have two choices, either one will save my hide from a cruel death years from now. About the best I could hope for under the circumstances.

mmatt9876
Post  Post subject: Re: What are you doing right now.  |  Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Happy Mother Day to all you moms! I hope you have a fun and relaxed day!