FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

iNow
Post  Post subject: App Solves Hand-Written Equations via Phone Camera  |  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:48 am
Original Member
Original Member

Too cool not to share. I'd download this in a heartbeat if I had any reason to. You?

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/21/forme ... h-problems

Quote:
This week, Photomath released version 3.0 of its popular app on the iOS app store, bringing a major new update that should make it even easier for iOS users to solve math problems. The app previously was only able to read printed text, i.e. from textbooks; however, the new app now instantly recognizes handwriting, so users can write out problems and have Photomath solve them by simply pointing their camera at the paper.

The update also brings a new math expert system, Photomath+, that solves problems similarly to how a human would, and walks users through how to solve the problem themselves with a colorful and useful step-by-step guide. This system seems to address the tension between having an app do your homework versus having an app help you learn.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: App Solves Hand-Written Equations via Phone Camera  |  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:59 pm

It does look like a nice piece of kit. It did occur to me that bad hand writing and notation could cause problems, but they must have thought of that.

scire
Post  Post subject: Re: App Solves Hand-Written Equations via Phone Camera  |  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:30 pm

wireless wrote:
It does look like a nice piece of kit. It did occur to me that bad hand writing and notation could cause problems, but they must have thought of that.

Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard built one of these years ago. And it took them less than 30 minutes. In Objective-C.

:)

messy
Post  Post subject: Re: App Solves Hand-Written Equations via Phone Camera  |  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:28 am

wow awesome application :geek: