FAQ
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:56 am

Rory
Post  Post subject: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:00 am

What did you dream? What does it mean?

Dreamt I was dancing with Brian Cox, alone, in a museum. What does it mean? :lol:

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:51 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rarely remember any dreams for more than a few seconds. Some nights I don't even feel like I've dreamed, just closed my eyes then opened them hours later.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:05 pm

A few weeks ago, I dreamt that I was with my parents visiting a locality. We found ourselves in a part of our town we had never encountered before. The houses were extremely tall, three storey, but not imposing or intimidating. The houses were golden and set into a forest landscape and nearby some children played. The children were sweet in nature and we couldn't figure out how we had never discovered this part of town before.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:08 pm

Last night I dreamt that I had a teenage daughter and we were visiting some beach/amusement centre type place. She started to run ahead and I was worried that I wouldn't catch up to her. Eventually I stopped her long enough to talk to her and remind her to be careful. I felt a love and closeness to her but I also sensed that she wanted the freedom to spend time with her friends, and that it was the right thing to do.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:41 am

Dreamt I was at a canal with my Dad; he was fishing on the opposite bank. It was a nice summer's day and there were a couple of other guys there whom I did not recognise. We were joyous; my Dad said 'semi-length' instead of 'semi-circle' and we laughed. Then, it turned out that one of the guys had invited all of the neighbours along to fish in the canal too, although there had previously been an argument between the neighbours as to the best way to indicate the number of fish caught under competitive conditions. A little boy signed to me and asked if that was the correct way to signify a certain number of fish; I said yes, to placate him, even though I had no idea. All of our neighbours were dressed in their best clothes and a man stood at the front to demonstrate how to signal the number of fish caught. It was a comical event, with dozens of well-dressed adults concorting their faces, mouths and hands together in a very unnatural way, to indicate a number.

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:36 am
Original Member
Original Member

Does anyone ever realize they're dreaming while they dream?
It happens for me periodically. I generally go flying. It's taken many dreams to learn how to fly well.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:22 am

:lol: It's weird, isn't it?

Have you ever dreamt you were on a slide or something, and the sensation of movement is so realistic that it almost feels more intense than the waking sensation?

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:48 am
Original Member
Original Member

Yes, I've gotten the stomach zips from dream motion. If you enjoy that sensation, find it worth the tingle of fear. Then that must mean there is some Amelia Earhart, or Shirley Muldowney in your core.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Dreamt I was travelling with my Mum and we saw all of the leaders of the G20 hovering a few metres in mid-air, all happy and floating with their arms outstretched - Superman-like - pointing into a circle. Like a micelle, or a skydiving formation.

A little later, my Mum and I were travelling on the top deck of an open top bus through London. The driver started to speed erratically and I began to think we might crash. Then the bus hit an obstacle and flipped towards the Thames water. As we began to plunge towards the Thames from a great height (far greater than the height of a double decker bus), I realised that our chances of survival were remote. I could feel the intense fallling motion and awoke halfway through the descent.

Later, I was being hugged by my old school mentor. There is no narrative to tell, only a warm and safe feeling, that cannot properly be expressed in words.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:09 am

I was at the park with my Mum, brother and niece. My brother was being overly harsh in his treatment of my niece, so I told him that I thought his parenting style too severe. Back at my parents' kitchen, my brother pointed a massive, long, sharp knife under my chin. I begged him not to hurt me and he said coolly, "I won't hurt you". But, he then proceeded to throw a different knife in my direction; I escaped through the kitchen window. Sometime later I found my Dad on his own in the house, and related the story, and he was sympathetic. I knew their house was an inadequate hiding place so I wandered around until I wound up on the roof of some remote building. There were other people on the roof who invited me to join them in their work. I proceeded downstairs with them, and discovered that they were in the business of Science. Except, it wasn't Science. Our tasks were to ornament shelves with different coloured make up in a very intricate and confusing pattern, at high pace. Later I was asked to present the findings of the group at conference which I didn't really want to do, given that it was my first day. I tried my best but, as I was speaking, delegates from other universities in the audience, began to mock me. At the end the President of the University I represented made a harsh comment on my performance.

Pong
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:25 am
Original Member
Original Member

All my flying dreams are really bounding... like slow-motion glides as though I'm a baby being lifted and carried by a parent. I must have experienced such "flight" dozens of times daily but I don't consciously recall it.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:03 am

That's so cute :D

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Dreamt the man was reading to me, in a soothing voice, a profound fable. The fable was one I had previously read.

anticorncob28
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 am

I am aware that I'm dreaming a lot, but I am never able to control my dreams.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:14 am

Lots of travel-oriented dreams. On a bus, asked if it was going to Manchester, and the driver says it doesn't ordinarily but he could take me that way if I pay extra. After a while we are diverting through suburbs. Some of the buildings look familiar but I'm not sure if I know the place or not. Most of the other passengers have gotten off at this point. I ask the driver, again, if the bus goes to Manchester. It could do, he says. That one was more like a nightmare.

Then I'm on holiday with my parents, we enter the sea. But it's not like any regular sea. It's not like you have to wait for the tide to come in. It's just there. And you just enter it. It's huge; all-encompassing. Nothing about it is scary, or intimidating, though - just a vast, warm, aqua-green, ethereal thing.

Next I went to Indonesia with a high school friend. Descending steps upon steps to get to pools of lavazthat we stand amidst and look up to the country's own moon, hovering a few metres above us, in the "sky".

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:29 pm

For many years I have had a dream of levitating just above the ground. I lean back on my heels and then travel forward at speed. It is always fun and very liberating in my dream.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:15 pm

I had a similar dream when I was a kid. It was just a flying dream. It felt so real to me - I remember vividly - I went downstairs in the morning and outstretched my arms, Superman-like, fully expecting to be able to fly. :lol:

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 am

Just as well that you were downstairs and not at the top of the stairs when you did your superman thingy. :D

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:03 am

:P

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:16 pm

I was at a party with just my family, it was extremely fun, although we accidentally made a mess of the walls and carpets of the dance hall. A very happy dream.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:21 am

Last night I dreamt two of my students stole my phone. The price of replacing the phone didn't bother me too much, nor even did the ptospect of not being able to communicate efficiently in the short term. I basically saw it happen, then informed one of the teachers who promised to sort it out. Somehow I ended up on the bus home, alone with the driver, and when I explained the situation he still didn't really want to let me get off the bus and sort the problem out. He didn't want to mess up his bus schedule, but eventually he stopped the bus. When I returned the teacher who promised her help was nowhere in sight. All I could think of, and what was worrying me most, was that I would have no way to set my alarm for the following day.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am

A dream a couple of nights previous to that - I was teaching some lessons and observing some lessons. As I passed through the staff room, I noticed that my Nan was sat at a central table, with her head stooped down. She looked at me and asked why was I always coming and going? She looked and sounded sad and defeated. I should have been teaching to a timetable, but I decided to stop teaching. I sat down and held my Nan's hand; she became animated, she sat up straight, physically and mentally grew stronger, looked and sounded happier, and began to fight (in the figurative sense).

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Dream catcher  |  Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 am

Dreamt that I had an extra pair of perfectly formed teeth above my current set of teeth, ready to replace my current set, like a second set of adult teeth. Dream felt positive.