FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:47 am

Pong
Post  Post subject: Methodology subforum?  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:12 am
Original Member
Original Member

The site includes a Pseudoscience subforum, wherein "Discussions can include how best to recognize, deal with, and combat" pseudoscience. That's all well and good, and I see a lot of discussions about what is bad science. We've flogged that horse so thoroughly I've become an expert on the topic of bad science. In fact I know better how to conduct woo than science.

So where does one discuss what is good science? I mean generally i.e. scientific method. Like why and how does one set up a smart experiment, or conduct credible research, etc.

I propose a Methodology subforum, under "The Science Forum" heading.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Methodology subforum?  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:32 pm

That's a good idea... why don't you start it as a new thread?

Pong
Post  Post subject: Re: Methodology subforum?  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:48 pm
Original Member
Original Member

That's the trouble. I did start a thread asking how to design experiments, and for lack of better place I squeezed it into Health & Medicine. But the thread's not really about Health & Medicine. Not really Coffee either.