FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:46 am

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:53 am

If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results. If everyone visiting here sees the same thing it might give the wrong impression.

Since it is real quiet could the filter be changed to show new posts for the last week instead of just today.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:16 am

I only click on the 'View Active Topics'.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:29 am

scoobydoo1 wrote:
I only click on the 'View Active Topics'.

Yes that is quite good it currently has 3 pages of "active topics"

Even if the "View new posts" were the first page of that. I have been using the "View unread posts" tag mostly but I hate hitting the "View new posts" and getting nothing. But my main concern if we are going to grow the forum is for visitors. Do they see a blank link too? That could turn them off immediately.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:47 am

As with most newcomers, there usually is a period where they get accustomed to the features of the forums. Clicking on 'View Active Topics' yields search results for... well, 'active topics'. You can choose to configure how far back the search results goes by clicking on the drop down tab at the bottom of the screen named 'Display posts from previous [1 day, 7days, 2weeks, 1month, etc] if you wish for a longer list.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am

scoobydoo1 wrote:
As with most newcomers, there usually is a period where they get accustomed to the features of the forums. Clicking on 'View Active Topics' yields search results for... well, 'active topics'. You can choose to configure how far back the search results goes by clicking on the drop down tab at the bottom of the screen named 'Display posts from previous [1 day, 7days, 2weeks, 1month, etc] if you wish for a longer list.

True I discovered that too now that you brought the link to my attention.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Robittybob1 wrote:
If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results.

Probably because you click it often and no new posts have been submitted since the last time you tried. Results are only returned when new posts have been submitted since the last time you checked.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 pm

iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results.

Probably because you click it often and no new posts have been submitted since the last time you tried. Results are only returned when new posts have been submitted since the last time you checked.

Thanks as long as a new visitor sees more than I do.