FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:46 am


Author Message
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:53 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results. If everyone visiting here sees the same thing it might give the wrong impression.

Since it is real quiet could the filter be changed to show new posts for the last week instead of just today.


Top
scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:16 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am
Posts: 203
Location: Singapore

Offline
I only click on the 'View Active Topics'.


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:29 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
scoobydoo1 wrote:
I only click on the 'View Active Topics'.

Yes that is quite good it currently has 3 pages of "active topics"

Even if the "View new posts" were the first page of that. I have been using the "View unread posts" tag mostly but I hate hitting the "View new posts" and getting nothing. But my main concern if we are going to grow the forum is for visitors. Do they see a blank link too? That could turn them off immediately.


Top
scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:47 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am
Posts: 203
Location: Singapore

Offline
As with most newcomers, there usually is a period where they get accustomed to the features of the forums. Clicking on 'View Active Topics' yields search results for... well, 'active topics'. You can choose to configure how far back the search results goes by clicking on the drop down tab at the bottom of the screen named 'Display posts from previous [1 day, 7days, 2weeks, 1month, etc] if you wish for a longer list.


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:55 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
scoobydoo1 wrote:
As with most newcomers, there usually is a period where they get accustomed to the features of the forums. Clicking on 'View Active Topics' yields search results for... well, 'active topics'. You can choose to configure how far back the search results goes by clicking on the drop down tab at the bottom of the screen named 'Display posts from previous [1 day, 7days, 2weeks, 1month, etc] if you wish for a longer list.


True I discovered that too now that you brought the link to my attention.


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:37 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5700
Location: Iowa

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results.

Probably because you click it often and no new posts have been submitted since the last time you tried. Results are only returned when new posts have been submitted since the last time you checked.

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Visitors to the site  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
If I was to hit the link "View new posts" I sometimes get no results.

Probably because you click it often and no new posts have been submitted since the last time you tried. Results are only returned when new posts have been submitted since the last time you checked.

Thanks as long as a new visitor sees more than I do.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:   
cron

Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC


This free forum is proudly hosted by ProphpBB | phpBB software | Report Abuse | Privacy