FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 am

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to increase the amount of posts displayed on one page before me having to click on a link to display the next page?

It has become a bit of a minor nuisance for me commuting to work by train reading a thread on my mobile. I always lose my internet connection depending where I am on the line. So while I’m merrily reading the first 10 posts with ease, I’ll then click for page ‘2’ – but alas! My internet is down so I’ve to wait until I reconnect. If I could load more than 10 posts at a time, this would be less of an ordeal!

P.S. Nice to see .org breathing some life. I’m still looking for a safe outlet away from the impending Woo Apocalypse to hit the .com site!

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:36 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I've changed total posts per page from 10 to 50. Hope that helps. Feedback on this is welcomed from other users, too.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Wow, thanks inow. That was quick.

Did you change the setting just for my account, or did you have to make a global change that affects every member? I don’t want others to have to put up with my personal preferences!

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:25 pm
Original Member
Original Member

AFAIK, this change is only possible globally at the site level.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

pineapples
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Ah, ok. Well I like the 50 post change you made, but if other members don’t like it then please feel free to revert back.

Ta.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm

pineapples wrote:
Ah, ok. Well I like the 50 post change you made, but if other members don’t like it then please feel free to revert back.

Ta.

I like the idea. Good move Inow. It makes it easier now to find an idea within a thread when using a "find" function. Thanks to you all.

Pong
Post  Post subject: Re: Option to display more posts?  |  Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:26 pm
Original Member
Original Member

The only catch is with picture threads, where a browser loads *all* images simultaneously. I seldom visit such threads, personally.