FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 pm

iNow
Post  Post subject: Garbage (Self-Explanatory)  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:03 am
Original Member
Original Member

Posts below were garbage and placed here instead of being deleted outright

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Pithy Lessons for our Children  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:11 am

iNow wrote:
don't test my patience

I must have a guilty conscience for my first reaction was "What Have I done now?"

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:33 pm

iNow wrote:
These are the two about which you were directly questioned and for which you've not yet shared a valid response:

Robittybob1 wrote:
Some aspects of that film are true.

Robittybob1 wrote:
There were arguments from both sides

The first one related to the bake bean add and how they make you fart. (Hence not good for astronauts) It was a joke, the ad was a spoof. posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=22076 That is the truth - they do make you uncomfortable.
Secondly there are arguments put up by the conspiracy theorists and from the ones claiming there was no conspiracy. These are well documented in many documentaries. I am sure you would be aware of these conflicting arguments.
I am not making any new claims.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Meh.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 pm

Snafuperman wrote:
Meh.

Didn't you find that funny? Where is your sense of humour?

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:22 pm

On the other hand, where would we be without Snafuperman? Naf Superman. His highly intelligent, verbose comments keep the Forum alive.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:13 pm

paleoichneum wrote:
YOU have refused to listen to the detail provided here, on the .com, and elsewhere. Thus the onus is indeed on you alone for not accepting the factual nature of the landings.

I've been doing a bit of lurking on the .com site, mostly because of how often it is mentioned in multiple threads on this forum, but I took the time to read some old threads that Robitty was a part of and you have nailed it pretty good.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:04 pm

iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
as I read that post you once again put all the blame on me ("actively choosing to remain obstinate and willfully ignorant")

Thank you for confirming your comprehension of my point.

What do you mean?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:10 pm
Original Member
Original Member

What is unclear?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 pm

The power of your genius is overwhelming.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: the off-topic thread  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 pm

iNow wrote:
What is unclear?
My comprehension maybe.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 pm

Snafuperman wrote:
paleoichneum wrote:
YOU have refused to listen to the detail provided here, on the .com, and elsewhere. Thus the onus is indeed on you alone for not accepting the factual nature of the landings.

I've been doing a bit of lurking on the .com site, mostly because of how often it is mentioned in multiple threads on this forum, but I took the time to read some old threads that Robitty was a part of and you have nailed it pretty good.

Moon landing threads or the hundreds of others? You can't compare different threads and come to that conclusion. In fact I'm not the same person now as back then. I've learned stuff.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:17 am

iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
as I read that post you once again put all the blame on me ("actively choosing to remain obstinate and willfully ignorant")

Snip snip :P
What I said is a genuine issue creating this barrier for me to accept either side of the debate.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: How come we never went to the moon?  |  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:18 am

iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:

Does that mean we comprehend each other then?

CEngelbrecht
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:14 pm

It's very simple. Forget all about the mechanics of penis into vagina, that comes instinctively. Just dominate the other males, then the females want to be impregnated when they're ovulating. It doesn't even matter how you dominate the other males. You can corrupt and steal, you can decapitate them and put it on BlackTube, and the girls will come to you in Aleppo. And that's when they're between 15 and 25, their most fertile age.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/srinivasa ... 79411.html

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or politics, but it is not the path to knowledge. Accepted and conventional ideas are often wrong, and fundamental insights can arise from most unexpected sources."
- Carl Sagan

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:40 pm

WTF are you talking about?

CEngelbrecht
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Seriously??? What the f... kinda site you running here???

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion or politics, but it is not the path to knowledge. Accepted and conventional ideas are often wrong, and fundamental insights can arise from most unexpected sources."
- Carl Sagan

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:59 pm

A sane one... That's why your insanity gets a hard time...

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

CEngelbrecht
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:21 pm

PhDemon wrote:
A sane one... That's why your insanity gets a hard time...

I pity you, you must have a rotten school system.

- Carl Sagan

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:28 pm

What's your problem?

CEngelbrecht
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:36 pm

M_Gabriela wrote:
What's your problem?

Hypocrisy, I think. We're all bloody drowning in it.

- Carl Sagan

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Sex  |  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:41 pm

Tell me something I don't know...

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: Brexit voting patterns  |  Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:04 pm

PhDemon wrote:
Interesting article on the breakdown of voting figures on the Brexit referendum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

It appears that educational attainment had the highest correlation with voting pattern over any other major demographic (with contributions from age and ethnicity accounting for most of the rest of the variation between places).

I found this
Quote:
This powerful link to educational attainment could stem from the lower qualified tending to feel less confident about their prospects and ability to compete for work in a competitive globalised economy with high levels of migration.

On the other hand some commentators see it as primarily reflecting a "culture war" or "values conflict", rather than issues of economics and inequality. Research shows that non-graduates tend to take less liberal positions than graduates on a range of social issues from immigration and multi-culturalism to the death penalty.

particularly interesting. Is there any similar breakdown for the US presidential election?

Any thoughts?

I can only imagine that the PH Demonic actually has a PHD.