FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:41 pm

plusminusgravity
Post  Post subject: Trash: Repository for plusminusgravity OT posts  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:48 pm

MODNOTE: The posts below were removed from other threads, mostly for being off-topic, but not necessarily just for that reason. There is no intended sequential flow since they've been moved from many different places. This thread is in the Trash Can and for that reason is Locked.

Found this quote from Walter Russell about thinking...

"When it becomes a part of every man's thinking that a single thought can change the polarity of our entire body toward either life or death - and can likewise change its entire chemistry toward increasing alkalinity or acidity to strengthen it or weaken it - or can change the shape of every corpuscle of matter in the entire body in the direction of either growth or decay - then the medical profession will radically change both its principles and its practices with the ailment of bodies."

How do you translate this?

plusminusgravity
Post  Post subject: Re: Next-level physics: 5th Force of Nature Detected (news)  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:52 pm

iNow wrote:
Whaddya think? Also, any guesses about whether this will hold up or turn out to be a false positive upon further review?

http://www.sciencealert.com/physicists- ... -of-nature
Quote:
Evidence of this fifth force was spotted last year, when a team from the Hungarian Academy of Science reported that they'd fired protons at lithium-7, and in the fall out, had detected a brand new super-light boson that was only 34 times heavier than an electron.

As exciting as that sounds, the paper was mostly overlooked, until a team in the US published their own analysis of the data at the end of last month, on pre-print site arXiv.

The US team, led by Jonathan Feng from the University of California, Irvine, showed that the data didn't conflict with previous experiments, and calculated that the new boson could indeed be carrying a fifth fundamental force - which is when the science world started to get interested.
(...)
This isn't the first time researchers have claimed to detect a fifth force (there's even a Wikipedia page for fifth force possibilities), but the search has really heated up over the past decade. Many scientists think there might be a particle out there called a 'dark photon', which could carry a new force that would explain dark matter - that invisible substance that makes up more than 80 percent of the Universe's mass.

Do you believe that everything is one thing?

If you do...how does that re-route your thinking about the article you posted a link to?

For me...motion is illusion...I heard once that are eyes only pick up motion,
if it's not moving you can't see it...things that seem still depend upon
violent motion to seem as if they're completely still.

If you swing your hand through a spider web it's merely whipped away,
spin the spider web 10,000 mph and it cuts your hand off.

It's not the web that cut your hand off...it was the motion.

:roll:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Next-level physics: 5th Force of Nature Detected (news)  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:26 pm
Original Member
Original Member

plusminusgravity wrote:

If you do...how does that re-route your thinking about the article you posted a link to?

Apologies, but this has literally zero to do with the post I made. I'm going to throw any similar posts into the trash moving forward.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: My Head Hurts  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:28 pm
Original Member
Original Member

plusminusgravity wrote:

I translate this as being wholly off-topic since the OP is asking about people who scratch their heads while thinking. Feel free to open a new thread if you wish to explore this idea further. Future off-topic posts will be thrown in the Trash.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: My Head Hurts  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:31 pm

plusminusgravity wrote:
Found this quote from Walter Russell about thinking...

"When it becomes a part of every man's thinking that a single thought can change the polarity of our entire body toward either life or death - and can likewise change its entire chemistry toward increasing alkalinity or acidity to strengthen it or weaken it - or can change the shape of every corpuscle of matter in the entire body in the direction of either growth or decay - then the medical profession will radically change both its principles and its practices with the ailment of bodies."

This post makes my head hurt.

plusminusgravity
Post  Post subject: Re: My Head Hurts  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:47 pm

iNow wrote:
plusminusgravity wrote:

I translate this as being wholly off-topic since the OP is asking about people who scratch their heads while thinking. Feel free to open a new thread if you wish to explore this idea further. Future off-topic posts will be thrown in the Trash.

It said a single thought can change the polarity of our body.

That polarity change causes reactions to stimulate the body thus
causing the body to be stimulated and create response.

My question upon translation was to find out if you feel it's that
in which that causes us to scratch.

The change in polarity and the adjustment of the body hence.

So how am I off topic? Or did you not understand my vantage point
and went ahead and assumed?

plusminusgravity
Post  Post subject: Trash: Repository for plusminusgravity OT posts  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 pm

iNow wrote:
plusminusgravity wrote:

Apologies, but this has literally zero to do with the post I made. I'm going to throw any similar posts into the trash moving forward.

Don't bother...actually just delete me from this "assumption happy moderator that has zero perspective outside of his/her own lens" too bad...I was liking it here.

I didn't realize I couldn't have a conversation with someone unless I only said what they expected to hear!