FAQ
It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 am

One beer
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:15 am

First Brexit, now Trump.

I suspect that the common man/woman in the street is fed up with politicians?

OB

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:26 pm

The Simpsons predicted it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2146815/t ... ar-future/

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:13 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Last night removed any sliver of hope for humanity that I may have possessed.

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Don't worry. Your country will be all right... But the result is very interesting as it was the Brexit...

I'm sure that those that voted Trump are not entirely xenophobic, so it's interesting to analyze why they voted for him... was it an "anti-establishment" vote?

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I really think it ended up being a referendum on how much and don't we like Hillary vs how much of a leader are we actually voting on

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:10 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Hillary could have a Mike Tyson face tattoo or claws for fingers and I would still vote for her over Trump. Also so far it's looking like Hillary won the popular vote, so it wasn't that she was more hated. She just didn't have the support in the right places.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:58 pm

Now that the people have spoken in a democratic election, Mr. Trump will be able to test the waters on just how much the entire country really (I mean; Really) respect the democratic process enough to tolerate his rhetorical style and antics during his term. A true test of the people's resolve and respect for the democratic system will depend on how well and how long they can handle being trolled by their fellow citizens before a resorting to what some (including myself) suspect - may be a second civil war. And even if that should happen, I guess the question that ought to be asked is "Would it really be all that bad if it really comes down to it?" A first world nation demonstrating to the rest of the world just how much (or little) pain they can bear before resorting to violence since in their view - the system has failed them. Oddly enough, this scenario would rightly apply to the other side of spectrum should Mr. Trump had lost the election.

I call eight months. :roll:

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:14 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Our system is not a democratic system though, not eight he very outdated and highly skewed electoral college in place.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:20 pm

scoobydoo1 wrote:
Now that the people have spoken in a democratic election, Mr. Trump will be able to test the waters on just how much the entire country really (I mean; Really) respect the democratic process enough to tolerate his rhetorical style and antics during his term. A true test of the people's resolve and respect for the democratic system will depend on how well and how long they can handle being trolled by their fellow citizens before a resorting to what some (including myself) suspect - may be a second civil war. And even if that should happen, I guess the question that ought to be asked is "Would it really be all that bad if it really comes down to it?" A first world nation demonstrating to the rest of the world just how much (or little) pain they can bear before resorting to violence since in their view - the system has failed them. Oddly enough, this scenario would rightly apply to the other side of spectrum should Mr. Trump had lost the election.

I call eight months. :roll:

I doubt very much that there will be a second American Civil. There was an election, it happens every few years in America. The Republican party won, no one died, that is it.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:25 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I'm with wireless on this. I doubt there will be a second civil war. I think most of what he has said he would do is just bluster. From this cracked article http://www.cracked.com/blog/dont-panic/ (sources for stats linked in the article):

Quote:
So yeah, be upset for as long as you want. Get drunk. Do whatever you have to do. After that, I want you to sober up, splash water on your face, and consider some facts.

Gay marriage has overwhelming support nationwide -- 55 percent to 37 percent against.

Legal abortion is favored by 56 percent, with 41 percent opposed.

The vast majority of the population supports background checks for gun buyers -- up to 90 percent in some polls.

A majority of Americans support some kind of universal health care, 58 percent to 37 percent.

64 percent of Americans are worried about global warming. Only 36 percent are not.

And -- get this -- Americans overwhelmingly agree that immigration helps the country more than it hurts, by a 59 percent to 33 percent margin.

Okay?

Your country didn't go anywhere. It's right here where you left it. America is nothing more than a big ol' collection of people, and those people are more diverse and progressive than they have ever been. That train won't be stopped.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:15 am

wireless wrote:
I doubt very much that there will be a second American Civil. There was an election, it happens every few years in America. The Republican party won, no one died, that is it.

Falconer360 wrote:
I'm with wireless on this. I doubt there will be a second civil war. I think most of what he has said he would do is just bluster. From this cracked article http://www.cracked.com/blog/dont-panic/ (sources for stats linked in the article):

Current projections are that Mr. Trump's pathological behaviour when in the limelight (even more so, now that he is to be the next POTUS for the next one thousand four hundred and sixty days after his presidential inauguration) will render him constitutionally incapable of restraining himself from igniting one.

In less than three days after winning the presidential election, in the midst of several protests taking place in several cities within the country, and after his post election victory speech, he felt it appropriate to tweet the following.

Some of you can probably see why spectators from around the globe think otherwise. :lol:

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:34 pm

scoobydoo1, America is a democracy, people are allowed to protest. Are you allowed to protest in Singapore ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_de ... _Singapore

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:04 pm
Original Member
Original Member

^slight picked nit...

The US is not a democracy in most senses of the word. Instead, it's a constitutional republic where representatives are selected by a tiny handful of electors. Those electors are expected to enact the will of the people, but don't have to.

We're sort of democracy-adjacent. Power by the people by proxy only.

Demo-crazy.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 pm

That is how democracy in America works. The politicians know this, but do the general public know this ? ( they probably do know this )

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:08 pm

wireless wrote:
Are you allowed to protest in Singapore ?

Only to a very limited extent, but you no doubt already know the answer to that from a cursory reading from the wikipedia entry.

This is relevant to what I have said about Mr. Trump's pathological behaviour and the effects it has the American populace, because...?

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:13 am
Original Member
Original Member

I'm still waiting for supply of the source behind your assertion that a civil war is imminent. You say sources say it will happen, and you think it will. Why?

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:38 am

paleoichneum wrote:
I'm still waiting for supply of the source behind your assertion that a civil war is imminent. You say sources say it will happen, and you think it will. Why?

You are mistaken. I have made no such assertion that "a civil war is imminent".

If you take the time to revisit my earlier post, you will be able to find the following quotes.

1. "A true test of the people's resolve and respect for the democratic system will depend on how well and how long they can handle being trolled by their fellow citizens before a resorting to what some (including myself) suspect - may be a second civil war."

2. "Current projections are that Mr. Trump's pathological behaviour when in the limelight (even more so, now that he is to be the next POTUS for the next one thousand four hundred and sixty days after his presidential inauguration) will render him constitutionally incapable of restraining himself from igniting one."

With all due respect and no offense intended. Do take the time to read both sentences slowly, and more than once if necessary. If additional assistance is required, I am prepared to break apart each of the quotes down further to facilitate absorption.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:04 am
Original Member
Original Member

I do take offence, as your underlying inuendo to the posts you made is that it is imminent

I did FULLY read your posts, and that is the assertion you have made in both.

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 am

Trump's temperament is indeed a worry . It had not occurred to me that it might exacerbate division in society but I can see that I may have been naive in this regard.

My concern was more with his treatment of and attitude towards foreign countries and internal populations he seems to have used as part of his campaign "rhetoric" .

I can see how things could get out of hand ,especially when it becomes apparent that he does not intend to keep his promises and his base cannot see any tangible benefits from his time in office.

If he could remain an invisible presence perhaps people could "knuckle down" for the next 4 years but is he going to be courting attention all the time , unable to restrain his reactions when necessary ,even just being an incitement to disaffection by simple virtue of his obvious unsuitability for his position?

Will these 4 years be like a prison sentence to him as he loses the affection of his base and gains no respect from his adversaries?

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 am

paleoichneum wrote:
I do take offence, as your underlying inuendo to the posts you made is that it is imminent

Sigh, if that is the conclusion that you have arrived at after "FULLY" reading my post, and even after my advise and offer to "Do take the time to read both sentences slowly, and more than once if necessary. If additional assistance is required, I am prepared to break apart each of the quotes down further to facilitate absorption.", I do not at this moment think I can say more to change your mind. If you are still unsatisfied with my response and harbouring that notion that I am evading your accusation, I am willing to invite a third party - such as an admin/moderator to intervene on our behalf.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:54 am
Original Member
Original Member

Here's what I interpreted from your post. Paraphrased:

There is a lot of anger and vitriol out there. Now there will be even more. The odds of this escalating are high, potentially even into an a full civil war.

The world will be watching closely to see where the threshold is between peace and violence, specifically to see if the US truly respects its own laws and processes or if its citizens are instead willing to summarily cast those laws and processes aside since some are unhappy and anxious about the current outcome.

You suspect the latter, that people will revolt against established norms and attempt to strip power from Trump, and you think violence is likely... perhaps even within the next 8 months.

Have I represented your position fairly? If not, will you please clarify where and how I (and it appears paleoichneum) have erred?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:00 am
Original Member
Original Member

scoobydoo1 wrote:
paleoichneum wrote:

Sigh, if that is the conclusion that you have arrived at after "FULLY" reading my post, and even after my advise and offer to "Do take the time to read both sentences slowly, and more than once if necessary. If additional assistance is required, I am prepared to break apart each of the quotes down further to facilitate absorption.", I do not at this moment think I can say more to change your mind. If you are still unsatisfied with my response and harbouring that notion that I am evading your accusation, I am willing to invite a third party - such as an admin/moderator to intervene on our behalf.

You make very clear statements that you think there will be a civil war. You are the one that is not being clear, as both me and Inow reached the same general conclusion.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:43 am

iNow wrote:
Here's what I interpreted from your post. Paraphrased:

Thank you for taking the time to intervene.

iNow wrote:
There is a lot of anger and vitriol out there. Now there will be even more.

Correct.

iNow wrote:
The odds of this escalating are high, potentially even into an a full civil war.

At the moment, I would say the odds right now are very low. Passions have yet to be inflamed high enough for it to ignite, but given the right triggers within the span of eight months, the embers are there waiting for the right sequence of events to serve as kindling. There have been considerable efforts on the 'dissatisfied's side' to remain calm and work within the system and yet make their voices heard through peaceful protest. The appropriate course of action by Mr. Trump would be to acknowledge this publicly and as sincerely as he is able to, but his knee jerk response was the first tweet.

This is why I have earlier described him as "constitutionally incapable of restraining himself from igniting one", especially more so after he is sworn in, and will have to serve one thousand four hundred and sixty days. Can you imagine what those one thousand four hundred and sixty days is like for someone with Mr. Trump's temperament? He simply does not have the will-power, does not have the type of incentive he usually receives to do so, or in a position to please both ends of the political spectrum (now that he has alienated half of the political spectrum during the course of his campaign - his price to pay for courting the extreme end of modern civility). It may perhaps even be entertaining for himself to see how far he is able to make the moderates re-draw their line in the sand - on just how much of his rhetorical style and antics they are willing to bear.

He is a businessman, or at the very least claims to be one. If he can make you yield some the first time, and then some more a second time, he most definitely will - again and again. It is almost a predatory instinct.

iNow wrote:
The world will be watching closely to see where the threshold is between peace and violence,

Yes, we are.

In some way, it is a rather sad situation, but yet highly entertaining in a weird sort of way.

iNow wrote:
specifically to see if the US truly respects its own laws and processes or if its citizens are instead willing to summarily cast those laws and processes aside since some are unhappy and anxious about the current outcome.

Exactly.

iNow wrote:
You suspect the latter, that people will revolt against established norms and attempt to strip power from Trump, and you think violence is likely... perhaps even within the next 8 months.

Only if the right conditions are met. Conditions that an average american president is usually capable spotting and avoiding. For Mr. Trump however, it will be like "a bull in a china shop" for the foreseeable one thousand four hundred and sixty days.

iNow wrote:
Have I represented your position fairly?

Pretty fairly. I thank you for your assistance and intervention.

Now, if you conclude that this qualifies as an "assertion that a civil war is imminent", I will yield to your judgement.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:09 am
Original Member
Original Member

I have no idea what's going to happen next. I can say with a high degree of certainty, however, that most of the options I can conceive of are dishearteningly bleak and bigly difficult to reverse or undo.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:48 am

iNow wrote:
I have no idea what's going to happen next. I can say with a high degree of certainty, however, that most of the options I can conceive of are dishearteningly bleak and bigly difficult to reverse or undo.

Call me slow, call me daft and stupid if you like, but I really like a written/verbal judgement on whether what I have written/said in my earlier two posts qualifies as an "assertion that a civil war is imminent"?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:19 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I don't see anything requiring staff involvement here, if that's what you mean. Would rather you two just act like adults and sort it out yourselves.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:37 pm

iNow wrote:
I don't see anything requiring staff involvement here, if that's what you mean. Would rather you two just act like adults and sort it out yourselves.

Non committal?

Pity. I will excuse myself from further involvement then.

Thank you for your time.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:50 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Am both surprised and confused by your post.

Please help me understand why you feel deeper involvement from me in an official capacity as a member of site staff is either wanted or warranted here.

Can't we just move forward and return to the topic at hand and support our comments rationally and reasonably when asked?

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:08 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Given that I asked a very simple and rational thing. E.g. support the assertion made, I was confused with the need to immediately request mod intervention so the request could be avoided.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:14 pm

scoobydoo1 wrote:
iNow wrote:

Non committal?

Thank you for your time.

What on earth is your problem ? You were challenged on something, it does happen, you then seek mod advice, it was given, then you slink off. Very bad form indeed.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:12 am
Original Member
Original Member

No harm. No foul.

Returning the topic...

Maybe no need to wait for a potential civil war given the apparent spike in hate language and petty crime this week. Think it will continue to increase? Temporarily? Logarithmically? Incrementally?

If it does, the next question is: how long until that upward trend reverses? Will enough good people speak up when it matters? Or, will such anti-social outward expressions of ignorant and sadly confident tribalism only expand and grow? Will the embers being now stoked continue to alight or will they calm?

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:30 am

wireless wrote:
scoobydoo1 wrote:
iNow wrote:

Non committal?

Thank you for your time.

What on earth is your problem ? You were challenged on something, it does happen, you then seek mod advice, it was given, then you slink off. Very bad form indeed.

What I really mean, is get back to your key board.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:43 am

iNow wrote:
No harm. No foul.

Returning the topic...

Maybe no need to wait for a potential civil war given the apparent spike in hate language and petty crime this week. Think it will continue to increase? Temporarily? Logarithmically? Incrementally?

If it does, the next question is: how long until that upward trend reverses? Will enough good people speak up when it matters? Or, will such anti-social outward expressions of ignorant and sadly confident tribalism only expand and grow? Will the embers being now stoked continue to alight or will they calm?

Not much has been said by the Liberal Elite to calm the situation. I think that peaceful demonstrations will continue up to Christmas time, also adverse weather conditions will be a limiting factor. However there is always an anti social element that will attach themselves to these peaceful demonstrations. They will torch a few vehicles and rob convenience stores, the media outlets love it.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:23 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:
iNow wrote:
No harm. No foul.

Returning the topic...

Not much has been said by the Liberal Elite to calm the situation. I think that peaceful demonstrations will continue up to Christmas time, also adverse weather conditions will be a limiting factor. However there is always an anti social element that will attach themselves to these peaceful demonstrations. They will torch a few vehicles and rob convenience stores, the media outlets love it.

I agree, there are always going to be some who join in on situations like that just to cause chaos. They just want to break shit, luckily the vast majority isn't that way though.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:04 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:
Not much has been said by the Liberal Elite to calm the situation.

This is only true if you choose intentionally to live in an enormous bubble of fact-free nonsense.

Hillary's concession speech: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ?tid=ss_tw
Quote:
We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.

Obama later the next morning: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... -election/
Quote:
Now, everybody is sad when their side loses an election, but the day after we have to remember that we're actually all on one team. This is an intramural scrimmage. We're not Democrats first. We're not Republicans first. We are Americans first. We're patriots first.

And again yesterday: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/14/politics/ ... ransition/
Quote:
President Barack Obama encouraged Americans Monday to give President-elect Donald Trump some time to get adjusted to the responsibilities of the presidency.

On CNNs State of the Union program 2 days ago, Bernie Sanders told Jake Tapper:
Quote:
TAPPER: I want to ask you about some of the violence we’ve seen by anti-Trump protesters against supporters of Trump. Some of these people who have been very violent have been seen with your signs, Bernie Sanders signs, chanting your name. Do you condemn the violence?

SANDERS: I condemn it, absolutely. And let’s be very clear: We have millions and millions of people who are supporting us, and I want to make it clear that any person who is a Bernie Sanders supporter, please, do not in any way, shape or form engage in violence. That is absolutely not what this campaign is about.

Hell, even SNL did a bit Saturday night asking people to chill. If you're not seeing it, you're not looking for it. I also feel continued use of the term "liberal" as if it's an insult is part of the problem, but that's perhaps a discussion for another day.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:44 pm

I have read Hillary's concession speech. I see nothing in there that tells her supporters to stop misbehaving on the streets of America.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:
I have read Hillary's concession speech. I see nothing in there that tells her supporters to stop misbehaving on the streets of America.

Show that the demonstrators are ONLY Clinton supporters. Otherwise please stop with the rhetoric of its all the other sides fault that people are angry

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:38 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:

Nice attempt at moving the goalposts.

You asked for examples of the "liberal elite" calling on folks to accept the election result and calm things down. I provided some.

One among several examples I provided was from Clinton' concession speech. I even quoted the part I found specifically useful. Whether you read it that way or not is your prerogative, but don't try to move the goal posts on me like this. I don't have any patience for that sort of thing.

To supplement my response, I provided two from Obama and one from Bernie. My thought was they would qualify for your pejorative label of "liberal elite." Did they not?

On another note, why should anyone tell anyone else not to protest? So long as there's not violence or destruction of property or intentional harm being caused, what's the problem? That's what our 1st amendment is for, to protect that sort of thing. Are you suggesting peoples constitutional rights should be trampled? I'm guessing not, but you should note that it's starting to feel that way...

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:32 pm

paleoichneum wrote:
wireless wrote:

Show that the demonstrators are ONLY Clinton supporters. Otherwise please stop with the rhetoric of its all the other sides fault that people are angry

You have quoted me, but your reply shows a lack of comprehension of what I actually said. You seem to be having a go at stirring the pot, please stop.

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:46 pm

iNow wrote:
wireless wrote:

Nice attempt at moving the goalposts.

You asked for examples of the "liberal elite" calling on folks to accept the election result and calm things down. I provided some.

One among several examples I provided was from Clinton' concession speech. I even quoted the part I found specifically useful. Whether you read it that way or not is your prerogative, but don't try to move the goal posts on me like this. I don't have any patience for that sort of thing.

To supplement my response, I provided two from Obama and one from Bernie. My thought was they would qualify for your pejorative label of "liberal elite." Did they not?

On another note, why should anyone tell anyone else not to protest? So long as there's not violence or destruction of property or intentional harm being caused, what's the problem? That's what our 1st amendment is for, to protect that sort of thing. Are you suggesting peoples constitutional rights should be trampled? I'm guessing not, but you should note that it's starting to feel that way...

I am not trying to move the goal posts. I only had time to read your link to Clinton, but not the other links. Your patience wears thin, so be it. Have a nice day.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:15 am
Original Member
Original Member

And as for my questions?

wireless
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:46 am

I will answer your questions at a later date.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wireless wrote:
I will answer your questions at a later date.

May we ask when?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I see that type of reply from folks online on a somewhat regular basis and it always strikes me as silly. If you don't have enough time to respond appropriately and on-topic now, why not just wait until you do and reply once later? Isn't that a more efficient use of everyone's time, the author and the reader? [/meta]

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 am

Have you noticed how the only people decrying Trump's presidency are those who are already privileged?

Gia Milinovich proving as eloquent as ever:

Quote:
Nob off, you total shitbucket[...]Today I am thankful for Freedom of Speech which allows me to call you an idiotic sphincter-mouthed wankstain.

That was in response to Trump's pledge to make America great again.

I wonder when was the last time Gia wondered where her next meal is coming from?

Let me cry for her :cry: :cry:

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:15 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:
Have you noticed how the only people decrying Trump's presidency are those who are already privileged?

Gia Milinovich proving as eloquent as ever:

Quote:
Nob off, you total shitbucket[...]Today I am thankful for Freedom of Speech which allows me to call you an idiotic sphincter-mouthed wankstain.

That was in response to Trump's pledge to make America great again.

I wonder when was the last time Gia wondered where her next meal is coming from?

Let me cry for her :cry: :cry:

I am not "priveliged" in anyway and I am also very uncertain as what to expect. It's not just the privileged that are unsure what to expect rory

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:43 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:

No, I have not noticed that. I have noticed a wide ranging population of people of different social position, education level, ideology, and creed all expressing concern and unease at his election.

Would you change your mind here if examples were provided of nonorivileged people decrying Trump? Several examples, maybe?

I ask because, while this platitude may sound true, it's just not. It simply reinforces an us/them tribal mindset which helps none of us. It perpetuates untruth that no science minded critical thinker should allow.

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:56 pm

What I would like is a breakdown of percentages.

I.e. of all people opposed to Trump, what % are privileged or comfortable vs what % are poor or struggling?

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:26 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:
What I would like is a breakdown of percentages.

I.e. of all people opposed to Trump, what % are privileged or comfortable vs what % are poor or struggling?

objectively define privileged, as would be used in the poll you re looking for...

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: No Trump 2016- dot org site counterpart  |  Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Somebody who doesn't have to worry about the bills, who can safely get by without checking their bank balance at least once per month.