FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 am

No explaination needed

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 am

most of us are, since this is an offshoot of the"other" forum
still, welcome, you may find that the atmosphere here is somewhat more relaxed

however, we still take our science seriously

Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:20 am

I just hope I don't find another itchy mouth Phdemon,who spew insults like a MG.

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:14 pm

I used to frequent the .com forum more than a year ago, but decided to withdraw my participation. I do read the threads there from time to time, but never adding input. I've seen your username and some of your content there up to about a month ago, and I will advise you to take marnixR's words on our views on science seriously.

Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm

I do take science seriously, but I have a problem with stating my sources,as the duck would point (I would presume that you know who I'm talking about),who is shortly followed by a Phdemon,giving me an insult filled lecture about staying sources

Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Oh,and is lynx here in this forum MarnixR?

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:59 pm

some people from the other side pop in from time to time, but at very irregular intervals, so you might not encounter him here for months on end

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:51 pm

I've had that experience of PhDemon too, Kagenlim.

He insults people without reason or care.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:08 am
Original Member
Original Member

Kagenlim wrote:
No explaination needed

I disagree.

Assume for a moment that others can't, in fact, read your mind. Recall for a moment that this is a text-based medium and clarity is contingent upon the author.

So many ails of the world could be solved so easily if so many humans weren't so absolutely awful at simple straight forward communication.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:41 am

It's pretty clear,after all if you came from the other forum you would need no intro but for your sake :I am asking who came from the science forum .com

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:43 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Thank you.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:49 am

Kagenlim wrote:
I do take science seriously, but I have a problem with stating my sources,as the duck would point (I would presume that you know who I'm talking about),who is shortly followed by a Phdemon,giving me an insult filled lecture about staying sources

Did Kagenlim ever divulge the sources? I'll read on ...

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 am

Rory wrote:

There was always a reason... But you're right, I don't care if people get butt-hurt when I tell them they are full of it...

This thread seems to be trying to get me in an argument... I can't be bothered...

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:11 am

PhDemon wrote:
Rory wrote:

There was always a reason... But you're right, I don't care if people get butt-hurt when I tell them they are full of it...

This thread seems to be trying to get me in an argument... I can't be bothered...

I was wondering about his sources. That's all, nothing personal.

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

I'm active on 3 forums at present and that is sufficient for me. I would never operate as a sockpuppet. I've been Robittybob from the beginning of my times on the forums.

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:46 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:

I'm active on 3 forums at present and that is sufficient for me. I would never operate as a sockpuppet. I've been Robittybob from the beginning of my times on the forums.

You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:09 pm

GiantEvil wrote:

Why would someone do that? On any forum? Advocating troll-like behavior is not ethical -- the internet is awful enough without advocating people to behave badly.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:59 pm

GiantEvil wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:

You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!
Yes I add the number of clones as well.
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.

wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm

I belong to the sciforums and .com sites, joined both a few years ago, and actually, left both sites for like nearly two years until last week, and just started lurking again, and decided to see what's up. I forgot I joined this site back in 2013. The .com site will bounce back, it's not unlike other forums that go through a bullying phase, a troll phase, a 'bad moderator' phase, etc.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.

I like Ge's suggestion, and Bob not because I want a spectacle. But because I honestly have stopped caring about the other site.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Falconer360 wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:

I like Ge's suggestion, and Bob not because I want a spectacle. But because I honestly have stopped caring about the other site.

What would I get out of it? If they let me back under my original name that would be different.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Robittybob1 wrote:
What would I get out of it?

The quintessential human question.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Robittybob1 wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:

What would I get out of it? If they let me back under my original name that would be different.

The chance to talk with new people? I don't know. I just know that most of the core members of that site have left until the owner does something to remedy the situation. And from what I've heard from Kalster, the owner is still out of contact completely.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Snafuperman wrote:
Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)

Is that how you read it!

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:45 pm

Robittybob1 wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:

Is that how you read it!

That looks like a question but with an exclamation point I'll assume it is just a very excited statement. :mrgreen:

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:

Is that how you read it!

That looks like a question but with an exclamation point I'll assume it is just a very excited statement. :mrgreen:

I first wrote it with an exclamation mark, then changed it to a question mark, but then on consideration of what you were saying I changed it back to an exclamation. :!:

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:37 am
Original Member
Original Member

Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:

aka: WIFFM

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:52 am
Original Member
Original Member

Snafuperman wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:

Why would someone do that? On any forum? Advocating troll-like behavior is not ethical -- the internet is awful enough without advocating people to behave badly.

I thought that fomenting dissent was an honorable democratic pastime, if it's not, well then I do have my moniker to live up to.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 am

iNow wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:

WIFFM = what is fun for me. It definitely wouldn't be fun if you seriously expected to be welcomed there. Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.

astromark2014
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:28 am

Location: On a hill near a park. The Whanganui National Park, New Zealand.

Umm ~ Ha, ha.. The joy of communicating equitably with like minded people. WIFFM... for us all.
The expansion and quest for knowledge.. The sounding of views and of science.

I saw a line up the page some regarding time; what is it ? I explain it as ~ 'A attempt to explain the interval between incidence' ..
It sort of stops everything happening at once. The interval between then and now and whenever... :)

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:15 am
Original Member
Original Member

Robittybob1 wrote:
iNow wrote:
WIFFM = what is fun for me.

Close, but no cigar.

Robittybob1 wrote:
Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.

I find them each to be quite fair, articulate, and credible. Strange that you feel otherwise, but since you do then perhaps it's time to look inward for the source of the strife instead of consistently blaming others in an obtuse willfully ignorant fashion.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:18 am
Original Member
Original Member

astromark2014 wrote:
I saw a line up the page some regarding time; what is it ? I explain it as ~ 'A attempt to explain the interval between incidence' ..
It sort of stops everything happening at once. The interval between then and now and whenever.

It's always and forever right now. The challenge is that your now and my now are neither consistent nor shared. Perhaps another thread, though...

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 am

iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
iNow wrote:
WIFFM = what is fun for me.

Close, but no cigar.

Robittybob1 wrote:
Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.

I find them each to be quite fair, articulate, and credible. Strange that you feel otherwise, but since you do then perhaps it's time to look inward for the source of the strife instead of consistently blaming others in an obtuse willfully ignorant fashion.

From experience, I think they would take "tough advocate" as a compliment.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:32 pm
Original Member
Original Member

MODNOTE: Several posts about moderation and events at the other site have been split and put into the dot com sad thread here: post22104.html#p22104