FAQ
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:28 pm


Author Message
Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 37

Offline
No explaination needed


Top
marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:50 am
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 4828
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Offline
most of us are, since this is an offshoot of the"other" forum
still, welcome, you may find that the atmosphere here is somewhat more relaxed

however, we still take our science seriously

_________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
"Someone is WRONG on the internet" (xkcd)


Top
Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:20 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 37

Offline
I just hope I don't find another itchy mouth Phdemon,who spew insults like a MG.


Top
scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:14 pm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:39 am
Posts: 202
Location: Singapore

Offline
I used to frequent the .com forum more than a year ago, but decided to withdraw my participation. I do read the threads there from time to time, but never adding input. I've seen your username and some of your content there up to about a month ago, and I will advise you to take marnixR's words on our views on science seriously.


Top
Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:34 pm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 37

Offline
I do take science seriously, but I have a problem with stating my sources,as the duck would point (I would presume that you know who I'm talking about),who is shortly followed by a Phdemon,giving me an insult filled lecture about staying sources


Top
Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 pm
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 37

Offline
Oh,and is lynx here in this forum MarnixR?


Top
marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:59 pm
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm
Posts: 4828
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Offline
some people from the other side pop in from time to time, but at very irregular intervals, so you might not encounter him here for months on end

_________________
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
"Someone is WRONG on the internet" (xkcd)


Top
Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:51 pm
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 6:02 am
Posts: 1921

Offline
I've had that experience of PhDemon too, Kagenlim.

He insults people without reason or care.

_________________
If you are doomed to be boring - make it short. Andre Geim


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:08 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
Kagenlim wrote:
No explaination needed

I disagree.

Assume for a moment that others can't, in fact, read your mind. Recall for a moment that this is a text-based medium and clarity is contingent upon the author.

So many ails of the world could be solved so easily if so many humans weren't so absolutely awful at simple straight forward communication.

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Kagenlim
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:41 am
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 37

Offline
It's pretty clear,after all if you came from the other forum you would need no intro but for your sake :I am asking who came from the science forum .com


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:43 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
Thank you.

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:49 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
Kagenlim wrote:
I do take science seriously, but I have a problem with stating my sources,as the duck would point (I would presume that you know who I'm talking about),who is shortly followed by a Phdemon,giving me an insult filled lecture about staying sources

Did Kagenlim ever divulge the sources? I'll read on ...


Top
PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 am

Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 am
Posts: 497
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Offline
Rory wrote:
I've had that experience of PhDemon too, Kagenlim.

He insults people without reason or care.


There was always a reason... But you're right, I don't care if people get butt-hurt when I tell them they are full of it...

This thread seems to be trying to get me in an argument... I can't be bothered...

_________________
"The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart"

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:11 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
PhDemon wrote:
Rory wrote:
I've had that experience of PhDemon too, Kagenlim.

He insults people without reason or care.


There was always a reason... But you're right, I don't care if people get butt-hurt when I tell them they are full of it...

This thread seems to be trying to get me in an argument... I can't be bothered...

I was wondering about his sources. That's all, nothing personal.


Top
GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 786

Offline
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

_________________
It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.
-W. K. Clifford-


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

I'm active on 3 forums at present and that is sufficient for me. I would never operate as a sockpuppet. I've been Robittybob from the beginning of my times on the forums.


Top
GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:46 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 786

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

I'm active on 3 forums at present and that is sufficient for me. I would never operate as a sockpuppet. I've been Robittybob from the beginning of my times on the forums.

You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!

_________________
It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.
-W. K. Clifford-


Top
Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 pm
Posts: 217

Offline
GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

Why would someone do that? On any forum? Advocating troll-like behavior is not ethical -- the internet is awful enough without advocating people to behave badly.


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
GiantEvil wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

I'm active on 3 forums at present and that is sufficient for me. I would never operate as a sockpuppet. I've been Robittybob from the beginning of my times on the forums.

You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!
Yes I add the number of clones as well.
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.


Top
wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:38 pm
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:48 am
Posts: 77

Offline
I belong to the sciforums and .com sites, joined both a few years ago, and actually, left both sites for like nearly two years until last week, and just started lurking again, and decided to see what's up. I forgot I joined this site back in 2013. The .com site will bounce back, it's not unlike other forums that go through a bullying phase, a troll phase, a 'bad moderator' phase, etc.


Top
Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:55 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 995
Location: Somewhere in the Great State of Washington

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!
Yes I add the number of clones as well.
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.

I like Ge's suggestion, and Bob not because I want a spectacle. But because I honestly have stopped caring about the other site.

_________________
"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson
"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down" - Yagyu Munenori


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
Falconer360 wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
You're Robittybob1 at the .com site. Try RobbitybobPrime or something. You won't need to lie about who you are. The cat's are all away, go play!
Yes I add the number of clones as well.
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.

I like Ge's suggestion, and Bob not because I want a spectacle. But because I honestly have stopped caring about the other site.

What would I get out of it? If they let me back under my original name that would be different.


Top
Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 pm
Posts: 217

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
What would I get out of it?

The quintessential human question.


Top
Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:24 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:30 pm
Posts: 995
Location: Somewhere in the Great State of Washington

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
Yes I add the number of clones as well.
That would be interesting. Sometimes I re-register at a site just to make a point and call myself "Robittybob2" so they can see there is no intention to deceive, but I'm just there to ask Admin a question. That identity usually lasts for a day at the most.
I really don't know if my nerves could stand all the abuse if I went over to "the science forum" and did that. It would not be fun for me. You guys might like the spectacle though.

I like Ge's suggestion, and Bob not because I want a spectacle. But because I honestly have stopped caring about the other site.

What would I get out of it? If they let me back under my original name that would be different.

The chance to talk with new people? I don't know. I just know that most of the core members of that site have left until the owner does something to remedy the situation. And from what I've heard from Kalster, the owner is still out of contact completely.

_________________
"For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson
"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down" - Yagyu Munenori


Top
Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 pm
Posts: 217

Offline
Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
Snafuperman wrote:
Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)

Is that how you read it!


Top
Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 10:45 pm

Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:34 pm
Posts: 217

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:
Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)

Is that how you read it!

That looks like a question but with an exclamation point I'll assume it is just a very excited statement. :mrgreen:


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:
Sticking my nose in where it really doesn't belong . . . Seems like there are a few folks here who are refugees(?) from that "other site" and don't want to see some of those other folks coming here to roost. (Why do I always miss the drama and excitement in life?)

Is that how you read it!

That looks like a question but with an exclamation point I'll assume it is just a very excited statement. :mrgreen:

I first wrote it with an exclamation mark, then changed it to a question mark, but then on consideration of what you were saying I changed it back to an exclamation. :!:


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:37 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
What would I get out of it?
The quintessential human question.

aka: WIFFM

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:52 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:19 am
Posts: 786

Offline
Snafuperman wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:
Ya know bob, the .com site is almost completely unmoderated at this time. You could go back there and run amok quite easily. Call yourself "B_bPuppet" or something.

Why would someone do that? On any forum? Advocating troll-like behavior is not ethical -- the internet is awful enough without advocating people to behave badly.

I thought that fomenting dissent was an honorable democratic pastime, if it's not, well then I do have my moniker to live up to.

_________________
It is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon insufficient evidence.
-W. K. Clifford-


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
iNow wrote:
Snafuperman wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
What would I get out of it?
The quintessential human question.

aka: WIFFM

WIFFM = what is fun for me. It definitely wouldn't be fun if you seriously expected to be welcomed there. Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.


Top
astromark2014
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:28 am
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 56
Location: On a hill near a park. The Whanganui National Park, New Zealand.

Offline
Umm ~ Ha, ha.. The joy of communicating equitably with like minded people. WIFFM... for us all.
The expansion and quest for knowledge.. The sounding of views and of science.

I saw a line up the page some regarding time; what is it ? I explain it as ~ 'A attempt to explain the interval between incidence' ..
It sort of stops everything happening at once. The interval between then and now and whenever... :)

_________________
Attempting tolerance and understanding as best I can. Always seeking more.


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:15 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
Robittybob1 wrote:
iNow wrote:
aka: WIFFM
WIFFM = what is fun for me.

Close, but no cigar.

Robittybob1 wrote:
Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.

I find them each to be quite fair, articulate, and credible. Strange that you feel otherwise, but since you do then perhaps it's time to look inward for the source of the strife instead of consistently blaming others in an obtuse willfully ignorant fashion.

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:18 am
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
astromark2014 wrote:
I saw a line up the page some regarding time; what is it ? I explain it as ~ 'A attempt to explain the interval between incidence' ..
It sort of stops everything happening at once. The interval between then and now and whenever.

It's always and forever right now. The challenge is that your now and my now are neither consistent nor shared. Perhaps another thread, though...

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:05 am

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:11 pm
Posts: 183

Offline
iNow wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
iNow wrote:
aka: WIFFM
WIFFM = what is fun for me.

Close, but no cigar.

Robittybob1 wrote:
Paleo, Lynx and Demon are tough advocates.

I find them each to be quite fair, articulate, and credible. Strange that you feel otherwise, but since you do then perhaps it's time to look inward for the source of the strife instead of consistently blaming others in an obtuse willfully ignorant fashion.

From experience, I think they would take "tough advocate" as a compliment.


Top
iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Who's from the other 'the science forum'  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:32 pm
User avatar
Original Member
Original Member

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm
Posts: 5664
Location: Iowa

Offline
MODNOTE: Several posts about moderation and events at the other site have been split and put into the dot com sad thread here: post22104.html#p22104

_________________
iNow

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Print view

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
Jump to:   


Delete all board cookies | The team | All times are UTC


This free forum is proudly hosted by ProphpBB | phpBB software | Report Abuse | Privacy