FAQ
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:43 am

Rory
Post  Post subject: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 am

Only just found out that Richard Dawkins had a minor stroke and has cancelled/postponed engagements in Australia and New Zealand. :shock: :(

Who knew he is 74? I never really thought about his age but I would have imagined he was sixty-something. To be honest, it never really occurred to me that he is mortal.

I hope he feels better soon and I wish I had tried to talk to him in 2013. Perhaps he should start to delegate the leg-work of his rationality and reason agenda to his younger and more energetic army.

I don't like to imagine him flying all over the world, getting stressed out by ignorant folk who don't deserve enlightenment. I like to imagine him at home, listening to classical music, or reading Science, enjoying the fruits of a life of being Science.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:10 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I too hope he has a speedy recovery and maybe takes more time for rest and relaxation.

Zinjanthropos
Post  Post subject: Re: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 am
Original Member
Original Member

Dawkins and I share a birthday, but I'm not 74, yet. Hey, at least he made it this far.

If and when Richard dies and he finds God waiting for him then I think the Creator will look at him and say, " with the amount of evidence I left behind that indicated I created the universe and all its life, you made the most logical decision in your life not to believe I exist. Come in and have a beer."

If I was God, every atheist gets a seat in my pub.

"Science is much better than religion because our faith is shakeable. There can be something I believe with all my heart to be absolutely true, and the minute there's evidence that it isn't true, I throw it out like yesterday's garbage"-Krauss

Implicate Order
Post  Post subject: Re: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:12 am

Zinjanthropos wrote:

If I was God, every atheist gets a seat in my pub.

Pubs in heaven? I thought it was all falafels, soda water and harp playing. Talk about confused messages. God really needs better marketers. :lol:

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Do you think he pays the living wage?

Implicate Order
Post  Post subject: Re: Richard Dawkins  |  Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:16 pm

Rory wrote:
Do you think he pays the living wage?

Not sure, but long service leave will be an issue. I suppose all those with a grievance would be told to go to hell! *literally* :-)