FAQ
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm

exchemist
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello, exchemist clocking in here, now that the .com site seems to have blown a fuse. I see a lot of old friends are here.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Welcome! :mrgreen:

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

astromark2014
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Location: On a hill near a park. The Whanganui National Park, New Zealand.

:lol: Never thought of myself as a refugee.. ( I joined this site back in 2014 ) but slow activity drew me to the .com site..
~ things have happened there; so to find a like minded group; Being a science minded atheistic proponent. I hope to be a regular contributor here.. It's very pleasing to see science minded friends are also here..

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:36 am

Astro, as I will, but navigating this for a theatre whore ....is going to take a bit getting used to!

wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:46 am

I joined here three years ago, guess I forgot that. lol Thank you for the welcome, hope the .com site pulls out of its conundrum.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:28 am
Original Member
Original Member

wegs wrote:
I joined here three years ago, guess I forgot that. lol Thank you for the welcome, hope the .com site pulls out of its conundrum.

I, for obvious reasons, have mixed feelings about this specific desire, but certainly understand it and in no way whatsoever fault you or anyone else who may be feeling it.

Appreciate you and everyone else here helping us in each of your own ways to get closer to critical mass, regardless of what ultimately happens over on the sister site.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

astromark2014
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:07 am

Location: On a hill near a park. The Whanganui National Park, New Zealand.

I restrained myself for a week... and now; ~ So if we all come on over and add to the critical mass... Umm,
Does that make us a Black Hole ?
or just a Star..

As my skin tone would have me glowing in the dark I will pick star like qualities, that's a good thing. Right ?

I trust NOT to be taken too seriously. I do not do that to myself, so you shouldn't. :)

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 am

astromark2014 wrote:
I restrained myself for a week... and now; ~ So if we all come on over and add to the critical mass... Umm,
or just a Star..

As my skin tone would have me glowing in the dark I will pick star like qualities, that's a good thing. Right ?

I trust NOT to be taken too seriously. I do not do that to myself, so you shouldn't. :)

I've moved away from home sweet home too. Cheers Mark.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:09 am
Original Member
Original Member

astromark2014 wrote:
So if we all come on over and add to the critical mass... Umm,
or just a Star..

Not necessarily either. The focus is instead on the reaction becoming self-sustaining...a self-reinforcing chain reaction.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:19 am

I plan to remain at the other but visit here.

I don't like people to win by default.

Just how I rock and roll!

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:27 pm
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
astromark2014 wrote:
So if we all come on over and add to the critical mass... Umm,
or just a Star..

Not necessarily either. The focus is instead on the reaction becoming self-sustaining...a self-reinforcing chain reaction.

A self sustaining reaction... that would be a star. They give light.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Original Member
Original Member

GiantEvil wrote:
A self sustaining reaction... that would be a star. They give light.

Well, bugger. I think you're right. How'd I miss that one?

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:33 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Posts about what you would do if you were a billionaire have been moved to the other thread created to discuss that topic 6 minutes after it was posted here: post22134.html

asspain
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:16 am

Hi all, asspain here.

The other forum was a mess. I didn't post much there.

I don't know if I will post much here either. It depends.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:18 pm

love your avatar!

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

While I love asspain's avatar some might say it could rub a person the wrong way though. :lol: ;)

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 am

Falconer360 wrote:
While I love asspain's avatar some might say it could rub a person the wrong way though. :lol: ;)

HUGS!!!

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:05 am

babe wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:

HUGS!!!

Babe - how about doing a jokes thread here too?

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:29 am

Robittybob1 wrote:
babe wrote:
Falconer360 wrote:

HUGS!!!

Don't know if they can handle my humor

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:30 am

babe wrote:
Robittybob1 wrote:
babe wrote:
HUGS!!!

What's the worst that could happen?

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:51 pm
Original Member
Original Member

babe wrote:

Psh bring it on babe! 8-)

But seriously, you should start a joke thread, we can handle your humor here.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:44 am

Falconer...*S*...I am not always politically correct.

You start one and put me on it....,.and I'll throw a few out there!

*S*

babe

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:02 pm

babe wrote:

*S*

babe

topic2014.html Thanks.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:05 pm
Original Member
Original Member

babe wrote:

*S*

babe

Well I've made my first contribution to the joke thread. Your turn now babe! :D

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:29 pm
Original Member
Original Member

MODNOTE: Several (rather funny) jokes were moved from here to the jokes thread referenced above.

Unununium
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:00 am

Hello :)

I say, lot's of familiar faces here. And phpBB, my old friend

Northerner
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:22 am

asspain wrote:
Hi all, asspain here.

The other forum was a mess. I didn't post much there.

I don't know if I will post much here either. It depends.

Not having you posting, on either forum, would be very difficult to accept. Such a decision, on your part, would clearly have tragic implications for the world of science.

Macgyver1968
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 am

Is the duck a member of this forum? Because..man I'm missing him on the .com site

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:52 am
Original Member
Original Member

Macgyver1968 wrote:
Is the duck a member of this forum? Because..man I'm missing him on the .com site

Yes, he is: member469.html

Haven't seen him in a while, though. Perhaps a PM from an old friend might encourage a return?

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 pm

GABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Macgyver1968 wrote:

Aloha MacGyver...hope you are well.

I am major missing Sir Ducky also.

He was the best of the best..

Please let me know how you are doing....and I hope life is treating you well.....and remember...sometimes one gesture can change a life.

Love you

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:43 pm

babe wrote:

gabby, me?

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am

M_Gabriela wrote:
babe wrote:

gabby, me?

YES!!!! Happy to se you!

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm

babe wrote:
M_Gabriela wrote:
babe wrote:

gabby, me?

YES!!!! Happy to se you!

Me too! kisses and hugs.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:52 pm
Original Member
Original Member

How's it going Gabby? I've missed the random conversations with you.

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Falconer360 wrote:
How's it going Gabby? I've missed the random conversations with you.

Everything's all right. Working at the moment. Winter has arrived. And wishing August arrives soon because I'm going to New York!!

M_Gabriela
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:08 pm

What have you been up to?

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I've just been working and enjoying the rain we've had this week. I'm not looking forward to the heat that is supposed to hit next week. I don't do well in the heat.

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:51 am

Aloha!! MacGuyver I never told anyone! :oops:

I will stop in but this will take some time for this lady to get used to.

Great to see old faces.

WHere is ducky? PLUCK PLUCK PLUCK!

I stop in the other site.....just miss everyone!

babe

babe
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 am

can someone direct me to the jokes site? I will then post a few for your perusal.

Robittybob1
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:34 am

babe wrote:
can someone direct me to the jokes site? I will then post a few for your perusal.

topic2014.html

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Thought this might be a good place to put a link to Markus; http://www.markushanke.net/

Chrispen Evan
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Ha! You thought you could get rid of me that easily? Folks tried that when I was a kid and moved house while I was at school.

Dywyddyr
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Keep quiet guys - he might not notice we're here! ;)
Heya Chrispen.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:07 am
Original Member
Original Member

Chrispen Evan wrote:
Ha! You thought you could get rid of me that easily? Folks tried that when I was a kid and moved house while I was at school.

As this is your first post, we don't yet have a reason to get rid of you, but if there were reasons, it truly is quite simple to execute the ridding. ;)

Welcome to the community!

wegs
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:29 am

Noticed that the other .com site is down? Is it down...or done? :shock: I haven't been on there in a few weeks.

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:34 am

wegs wrote:

Noticed that the other .com site is down? Is it down...or done? :shock: I haven't been on there in a few weeks.

Still down :(

"Agnus dei qui tollis peccata mundi miserere nobis"

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/thescie ... m.com.html

geordief
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:28 am

Still is. http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/thescie ... m.com.html

"............da nobis pacem" :|

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:40 pm
Original Member
Original Member

wegs wrote:

Hi wegs!

I get the feeling that the site is done, not just down. The owner clearly lost interest in it.

paleoichneum
Post  Post subject: Re: Welcome to all .com refugees.  |  Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:58 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I think your right falconer, this is the longest the site has been down and there has been no word from anyone about it. We knew it was coming for a while tbh.