FAQ
It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:50 am

marnixR
Post  Post subject: HeidiSQL  |  Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:10 pm

something strange happened to me at work : on my Windows XP box i had the 32-bit version of HeidiSQL installed without any issues
however, when i tried to do the same on on a Windows 8.1 laptop, clicking the download button brings up the following message

a google search seemed to imply that everything is kosher with the download, so i'm a bit puzzled why it should be blocked

does anyone know of any sites where the security of a website can be checked ?
imo our IT security has generated a false positive

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: HeidiSQL  |  Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:31 pm
Original Member
Original Member

To confirm, you CAN successfully download other things from your work computer? Also, have you tried the download while disconnected from the VPN (if you use VPN, that is)?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: HeidiSQL  |  Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:51 pm
Original Member
Original Member

As Inow asked "are you sure you can successfully download other things from your work computer?" If you can then I would bet that your security is giving a false positive. The internet at the one school I went to would block certain types of downloads simply because they were generally viruses, but it ended up blocking some downloads that were legitimate that the teachers needed.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: HeidiSQL  |  Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:29 pm

fairly sure it's a false positive (i am capable of downloading just about anything i wish, this alert is new to me)
as soon as you clicked the download button the warning message appeared

we ran a full virus check to make sure, but i went away for a week before the scan was complete - will know tomorrow how things went