FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: NASA is going to make an announcement about Mars shortly . .  |  Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:56 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nasa-says-m ... on-planet/

Quote:
Later today, NASA may unveil a scientific breakthrough that could solve what it's calling "the Mars mystery." The announcement comes three days after the space agency announced that a "major scientific finding had been made" and "Mars mystery solved" on Twitter.

Snafuperman
Post  Post subject: Re: NASA is going to make an announcement about Mars shortly  |  Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Well, they discovered recently flowing water. Not to downplay this discovery too much, but I was expecting "signs of ancient life". :(

I think it is an important discovery because (1) flowing water shows that life could possible exist (or have existed) on Mars and (2) flowing water could be accessed by future astronauts.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: NASA is going to make an announcement about Mars shortly  |  Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:52 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Flowing water is definitely a big discovery on Mars. To be honest I was expecting their big announcement to be a lot more mundane. The presence of flowing water on Mars opens up a lot more possibilities and makes the planet ten times more interesting.