FAQ
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 am

Ridgerd22511
Post  Post subject: Results from volcanic ash formation? Please help  |  Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:17 am

Today I received my test results from the LTI lab testing inc. after removing some of the exterior from the egg shaped object that I though my be a volcanic cast. These are the elements that tested positive for the object in question.
Major elements: calcium,phosphorus,silicon
Minor elements: aluminum ,iron,magnesium,manganese,potassium,titanium
Trace elements: barium,boron,chromium,cobalt,nickel,vanadium,zinc
Is this typical of all volcanic ash? Please help with your experience and knowledge.
Thank you

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Results from volcanic ash formation? Please help  |  Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:24 am

apart from the phosphorus all the other major and minor elements appear to be normal for volcanic ash
are you sure the phosphorus isn't a contaminant ?

Ridgerd22511
Post  Post subject: Re: Results from volcanic ash formation? Please help  |  Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 am

No sir not sure about the phosphorus as being a contaminate.If not what could this mean?

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Results from volcanic ash formation? Please help  |  Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:16 pm

a little digging made it clear that some volcanic ashes can be relatively rich in phosphorus

e.g. Inorganic Phosphorus Forms in Soufriere Hills Volcanic Ash and Volcanic Ash-Derived Soil

doesn't say how much though