FAQ
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 pm

SailingHome
Post  Post subject: Bromocriptine Mesylate vs Bromocriptine  |  Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:57 am

Ok... All my medicine of Bromocriptine for Parkinson's disease says "Bromocriptine Mesylate Tablets contain bromocriptine mesylate (C32H40BrN5O5┬ĚCH4SO3) equivalent to 2.5mg Bromocriptine." I was told CAS numbers as well.

Bromocriptine mesylate (CAS 22260-51-1)
Bromocriptine (CAS 25614-03-3)

Suddenly I am expected to weigh the powder of BM instead of taking 10 pills at one time. I have no idea the equivelency! I am reading 90 to 110%.

I need 25mg dose of Bromocriptine. How much powder of the Mesylate do I measure out?

Thanks!

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Bromocriptine Mesylate vs Bromocriptine  |  Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:31 pm

sorry, but i'm in absolutely no position to help

PhDemon
Post  Post subject: Re: Bromocriptine Mesylate vs Bromocriptine  |  Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Looking at the formula the molecular weight is 750, 654 of which is bromocriptine and 96 is the mesylate, so your BM powder is 87.2% by mass bromocriptine. To get 25 mg of bromicriptine you therefore need 28.67 mg of BM powder.

Edit: damn just realised the thread is a year old! Will be more careful not to necro dead threads in future!

- Kurt Vonnegut, The Sirens of Titan

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Bromocriptine Mesylate vs Bromocriptine  |  Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:27 pm
Original Member
Original Member

If the thread remains unanswered, don't forget that necro'ing it with a proper response may help a future user.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan