FAQ
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 am

Ryndanangnysen
Post  Post subject: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 pm

In my view is Vedic or Galactic Mathematics way superior to the conventional math.

Some think it is only about arithmetic, but it is really so much more.

It uses sutra's or verses for every mathematical problem.

a very simple example.

Take 35 x 35=?

On Vedic Math (VM) we use the sutra "-By one more than the previous one (Ekadhikina Purvena )

well the previous one is the digit "3" and "one more" makes it 3+1=4 and 'by' means multiplication, so we
multiply 3 x 4=12 and we are ready!

35 x 35=(3x4)/25=1225 (here the symbol '/' is noy about dividing but only seperating the two!)

So, 45 x 45=(4x5)/25=2025

Isn't that easy? and easy is what Vedic Math is!

Vedic Math can be used for algebra, trigoniometry, calculus and so on and so forth,

If people here are interested I can tell so much more.

The conventional math seems rather silly, stupid, and akward compared with Vedic Math.

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 pm

maths is like medicine : there is no such thing as alternative medicine, there's only medicine that works and pretend medicine that doesn't

likewise with maths : either it works, in which case it si maths, or it doesn't and then it isn't

Ryndanangnysen
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:02 pm

marnixR wrote:
maths is like medicine : there is no such thing as alternative medicine, there's only medicine that works and pretend medicine that doesn't

likewise with maths : either it works, in which case it si maths, or it doesn't and then it isn't

So, you haven't researched any of this? right?

Vedic Maths is a completely different way of doing math then the conventional way, which is rather stupid, awkard and what have you.

(btw of course there is alternative medcine! Lots of it!)

marnixR
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:11 pm

no, i don't see why i should
if i use any type of maths in my life, i tend not to wonder about the philosophy surrounding it, i just use it if it works

Ryndanangnysen
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 pm

marnixR wrote:
no, i don't see why i should
if i use any type of maths in my life, i tend not to wonder about the philosophy surrounding it, i just use it if it works

well, do whatever you want. I am just showing this and you can do with it whatever you want.

Olinguito
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 am

Ryndanangnysen wrote:
Vedic Math can be used for algebra, trigoniometry, calculus and so on and so forth

So can computers.

Ryndanangnysen
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Olinguito wrote:
Ryndanangnysen wrote:
Vedic Math can be used for algebra, trigoniometry, calculus and so on and so forth

So can computers.

yeahh and we and our kids are getting more stupid by the day!

Quote:
No more Calculators which make the brain lazy. The brain is a mental muscle and needs to be exercised.
Jain predicts that "if we continue to teach children with an over-emphasis of using calculators in the class-room, over a 20 year period, then no doubt, the Global Brain will deteriorate". We pride ourselves that we are a highly intelligent species, but really, are we getting dumber.

There ya go.

Ryndanangnysen
Post  Post subject: Re: Vedic or Galactic Mathematics  |  Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Olinguito wrote:
Ryndanangnysen wrote:

So can computers.

Besides, talking about computers, Vedic Math is also used in the computer technology to speed things up!

Isn't that interesting?