FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:33 am

Rory
Post  Post subject: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices -Split from Child Psych  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:14 pm

The last part of the previous post is a typo which I am unable to edit due to not being able to scroll down the post that far when in Edit function on my tabloid phone. Why does that happen on this Forum? (Perhaps I should have posted this instead in Forum Feedback).

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:25 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Perhaps for similar reasons that you posted about having a tabloid phone instead of an android phone? ;)

Kidding aside, it happens to a lot of us. I believe our forum uses a slightly older software not optimized for mobile and your browser struggled to properly render the style sheet. This is just a guess, though. Are you able to try different browsers on your device?

Do you experience different results when using a different board style or skin? >> ucp.php?i=165

Does anyone else have insights?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices -Split from Child P  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Oops :shock:

I would make a joke about a tablet device having sex with an android phone but I've embarrassed myself enough for one day.

That's another thing - why doesn't this Forum have an 'embarrassed' emoticon?

Thanks for your reply iNow, I think I will just live with not being able to scroll on... this phone. ;)

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices -Split from Child P  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:38 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Rory wrote:
That's another thing - why doesn't this Forum have an 'embarrassed' emoticon?

I don't know. :oops:

:)
Rory wrote:
I think I will just live with not being able to scroll on... this phone.

That's odd, though. While the text editor can be a pain in the arse via mobile, you should still be able to scroll. Does it get better if you rotate the screen? I have better luck with landscape than I do with portrait.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices -Split from Child P  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:45 pm

No, the orientation doesn't make any difference. I can scroll the page but not within the text box - meaning that I can edit short posts and the uppermost part of long posts but not the lowermost part of long posts. Maybe I'm just not doing it right?

Rory
Post  Post subject: Re: Text Editor Issues on Mobile Devices -Split from Child P  |  Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:10 pm

Hm, just realised that I had the 'autofit screen' setting on - still have the same problem when it's off but by not autofitting it gives much more room for manoeuvre meaning that a greater proportion of my longer posts can now be successfully edited.