FAQ
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm

Gnostic Bishop
Post  Post subject: Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and n  |  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:15 pm

scoobydoo1 wrote:
Rory wrote:
The point of a Science Forum isn't for 100% of the content to be novel primary research data/hard science. It would not be feasible for each of us to conduct primary research on each and every topic discussed - that leaves literature review, data analysis and discussion of ideas.

True and true. No disagreements here.

Rory wrote:
If it were purely about primary research then this would be a scientific journal rather than a Science Forum.

However, G.B.'s opening posts and all subsequent posts (a total of eighteen posts after the opening one) did not remotely make such an attempt at the genre's literature, and even had it did, a literary analysis and/or criticism of characters actions in any literature does not qualify as a Science or even an attempt at it.

I invite you to re-read G.B.'s opening post on page one and make a list of the questions asked there. You may also briefly run through G.B.'s other eighteen posts in this thread alone, and determine whether anything resembling an attempt was made. If you like, I can provide that very list of G.B.'s questions from the opening post below.

Q1. Does God follow his WORD?
Q2. Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?
Q3. If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?
Q4. Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?
Q5. Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

Does any of the above resemble questions on a subject that relates to science?

Have a look at the link above. If I would have begun speaking about Christian delusion do you think any theist here would have engaged?

I di note though that there are not many theists here.

Regards
DL

scoobydoo1
Post  Post subject: Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and n  |  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
The science is the psychological aspects of Christians following a God who does not follow his own rules and dictates.

I guess that that speaks to the depth of delusion people can talk themselves into.

That sort of behaviour isn't just present in adherents of the abrahamic religions alone. It has been witnessed in people from all walks of life, of different religious affiliations, of no religious affiliations, of both sexes, and of all age groups.

If you wish to have a discussion on a subject regarding a specific type/range of human behaviour and how social animals react to authority type figures in a hierarchy, you could have simply said so to begin with. Dressing the subject up with the abrahamic genre while not attempting to make this clear with your many posts, plus your modus operandi for the abrahamic genre does allow one to suspect that you may have a hidden agenda.

After all that has been said recently, take the time to revisit your opening post and see if improvements can be made should you decide make another attempt.

Gnostic Bishop
Post  Post subject: Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and n  |  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:28 pm

No thanks. You are the only one complaining.

If you want to re-write it to show how you think it should have been done, I will be happy to revue it.

Regards
DL

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and n  |  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 pm
Original Member
Original Member

scoobydoo1 wrote:
Dressing the subject up with the abrahamic genre while not attempting to make this clear with your many posts, plus your modus operandi for the abrahamic genre does allow one to suspect that you may have a hidden agenda.

It's not terribly well hidden, really.

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
No thanks. You are the only one complaining.

But he's hardly the only one who finds this approach unproductive and a bit monotonous.

If you're not even willing to engage in a reasonable discussion about your own topic, I'm just going to close this.

Thread locked.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan