FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:55 am

Rory
Post  Post subject: Arthritis treatment: intervertebral injections  |  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Why do intervertebral injections of cartilage not exist as a treatment for osteoarthritis of the spine?

This condition causes a high degree of morbidity for a large section of society and the above seems like a straightforward intuitive solution. Cartilage could either be sourced from the patient or else a synthetic extracellular matrix made containing molecules similar to those in the endogenous matrix so providing resistance to compressive forces and hydration/lubrication - but which are not able to be degraded by the cellular machinery so providing a lifelong remedy.

Ruby6
Post  Post subject: Re: Arthritis treatment: intervertebral injections  |  Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:05 am

I think you might not be aware but arthritis can be cured effectively with acupuncture therapy. My cousin had Arthritis and after getting treatment at a local [spam link removed] acupuncture in Mississauga [spam link removed] clinic she is fine now. I think you should consult a local acupuncture clinic once.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: Arthritis treatment: intervertebral injections  |  Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:03 pm
Original Member
Original Member

"Cured" is a bit strong and overstated, but acupuncture has shown some effectiveness at relieving pain.

Note: Happy to continue the discussion, but I've removed the link you inserted to your local acupuncturists website. It struck me more as spam than supplemental / informative of the discussion.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

plusminusgravity
Post  Post subject: Re: Arthritis treatment: intervertebral injections  |  Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:35 pm

I was looking up some acupuncture stuff awhile back.

My girlfriends daughter was getting acupuncture as she was pregnant.

Really helped out she said...and the pregnancy did go perfect...so could be
because of that.

Either way...on this subject I came across this blog post...it's of nothing
connected to me in any such way or anyone I know...my point though is
asking how much different adding electricity to acupuncture actually
helps?

I've really been mind blown by the book The Universal One by Walter Russell and he
talks about how everything is light aka electric...got me thinking about all this...

...your thoughts?