FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:27 am

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 pm
Original Member
Original Member

So I know that there are some science fiction fans here, so I just want to know if anyone here is planning on going to WorldCon in 2015? It's the world Science Fiction convention and it will be held in Spokane Washington.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:47 am
Original Member
Original Member

I think it'd be fun, but I'm not currently planning on attending. Is this better than comicon? More Doctor Who, less Batman, maybe?

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:06 pm
Original Member
Original Member

From what I saw online, WorldCon is the granddaddy of Comic-Con. It seems to focus more on Science Fiction writers. They don't have the celebrity A-listers that Comic-con has. I think the average age for WorldCon attendees is 50. But people like George RR Martin attend these conventions.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:29 am
Original Member
Original Member

Cool. I'm not a big convention kinda guy myself, but I don't fault those who are.

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:22 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I like Conventions but Comic-Con is more my speed. I'm actually planning on going to Emerald City Comic-Con in March. But WorldCon is happening a lot closer to me and I know there are a bunch of science fiction fans here so I figured someone here would have heard of it or been to a past one.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:40 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I'm not sure how many of our members are based on the west coast. I know we have some Colorado and Texas and North Carolina and also Europe and GB. I think maybe kojax is in your neck of the woods, but he never struck me as the convention going type.

Falconer360
Post  Post subject: Re: WorldCon 2015  |  Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:45 pm
Original Member
Original Member

iNow wrote:
I'm not sure how many of our members are based on the west coast. I know we have some Colorado and Texas and North Carolina and also Europe and GB. I think maybe kojax is in your neck of the woods, but he never struck me as the convention going type.

I know that Paleoichneum and GiantEvil are in my neck of the woods. Not sure about kojax though. Apparently this WorldCon sci-fi convention draws in nearly ten thousand people from around the world every year. This year's one was in London.