FAQ
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 am

Moontanman
Post  Post subject: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Real?

SkinWalker
Post  Post subject: Re: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:56 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Click on "About" in the YouTube video page, the scroll to the bottom where you'll see:

Quote:
(In case anyone is offended, let me assure you that 105.72% of all videos in this particular genre are either beat-ups, hoaxes or fakes. We're simply being honest, and should probably be applauded, or, at the very least, subscribed to. Many thanks again!)

Moontanman
Post  Post subject: Re: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:46 am

Evidently I am a dolt, I couldn't find it, but i expected someone to find it... good work...

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:02 am
Original Member
Original Member

Don't feel bad. I've seen some pretty smart people fooled by The Onion. That was a pretty bad ass clip of a "Mammoth". I wonder how well crafted their historical references are? Did they do a good job at that?

Moontanman
Post  Post subject: Re: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 pm

GiantEvil wrote:
Don't feel bad. I've seen some pretty smart people fooled by The Onion. That was a pretty bad ass clip of a "Mammoth". I wonder how well crafted their historical references are? Did they do a good job at that?

The historical reference was a dead give away, if you were being marched to the gulag why would they let you keep your camera?

GiantEvil
Post  Post subject: Re: Film of a living woolly mammoth?  |  Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Original Member
Original Member

Moontanman wrote:
GiantEvil wrote:

The historical reference was a dead give away, if you were being marched to the gulag why would they let you keep your camera?

Good point. A film camera from that time period would have been a little large for keistering.