FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 pm

bunbury
Post  Post subject: The Serpent Mound  |  Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Original Member
Original Member

I saw a large picture accompanied by a few notes, painted on the side of a U-Haul van parked on a street near us while we were walking the dog. The subject was the Serpent Mound, which it said was in Adams county. Adams being a neighboring county to the one I live in I was surprised that I had never heard of it before so I googled it when we got home and found that this particular Adams county is in Ohio, not Colorado. Further googling took me to A Hot Cup of Joe and this post, which is a good discussion of the various interpretations of this structure by our friend: http://ahotcupofjoe.net/2008/06/the-serpent-mound/
I don't really have anything to add - just found this another interesting tidbit about pre-Columbian America.

iNow
Post  Post subject: Re: The Serpent Mound  |  Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 am
Original Member
Original Member

I wonder if Skinwalker is some super smart puppet master laying traps into which he knows we will someday fall. :lol:

"[Time] is one of those concepts that is profoundly resistant to a simple definition." ~C. Sagan

SkinWalker
Post  Post subject: Re: The Serpent Mound  |  Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:59 am
Original Member
Original Member

Ha! I never even saw bunbury's post until now. I really need to clean up some of the posts on Hot Cup of Joe. A bunch were corrupted when I migrated from an early version of WP to an newer one -or it was a theme that did the trick. Either way, apostrophes, inverted commas, and some other punctuation and paragraph codes where screwed up. And I also had to close comments because spam was killing the mySQL database with inflation. It was crazy. I think I have comments set to close after so many days now, which is terrible because posts like that one and few others come up in Google searches and could provide discussion.